SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I had a good week moto camping.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I had a good week moto camping. Login/Join 
Picture of fwbulldog
posted
Solo moto camping. 4 days, 4 states (Idaho/Wyoming/Utah/Colorado). 931 miles.

High desert to 11K foot mountain passes.

I have 512Gb of 4K footage to edit! I am exhausted, but cannot wait for the next trip.

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Excellent ride.

Please post more photos and observations.

Posts: 15894 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes, some photo's please.

In a few weeks the R1200R and I'm off to west central Colorado for a BMW motorcycle rally. Weather permiting.

It's around 800 miles that I used to do in one day, when I had the GW, of course.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Nice ride, have fun editing all that digifilm!

Love riding out west, such a good change from the flatlands her...

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Excellent ride.

Please post more photos and observations.

Good luck getting me to shut up about it. Smile

Posts: 3017 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
What a great trip!
I'm doing an overnight trail trip on my new WR450F in a couple weeks. Gonna ride back and find a good place to make camp then off to hooligan around in the mountains.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Hauling 90 lbs of gear across the water at 9K feet altitude will get your heart going. So will riding a 500 lb bike across slick river rock in 8 inches of moving water. Doesn't look like much, but I was pretty happy to be dry after this.

Picture of slyguy
posted Hide Post
Great job!

I've been looking forward to getting out more.
The 100°+ weather is not my favorite, but it won't last long here.

Cheers~

Posts: 905 | Location: Valley Oregon | Registered: May 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of camera are you running? I have been looking at them but cant get comfortable enough yet to actually buy one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16095 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
What kind of camera are you running? I have been looking at them but cant get comfortable enough yet to actually buy one.

I bought a used GoPro 8 Black. For my purposes, any GoPro 7/8/9 would work. My plan is to have a couple GoPros, a decent vlogging camera, and a drone. I'm going to do the Continental Divide Ride next year.

Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
That looks like an awesome trip, thanks for sharing!

Posts: 8573 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will you be able to post a view of your route?

Also, more information on your ride and gear would be appreciated. Tires, mods, etc..?

I bought a 2018 R1200GS about 6 weeks ago - upgraded from my original F700GS. I don't do much off-road, and am having the Michelin Anakee (LOUD) tires replaced with the Pirelli Scorpion Trail II models - I had them on the old motorcycle and liked them for my current riding activities. I've only been riding about 18 months.

I really wanted to attend the national BMW rally in Great Falls, but couldn't. Unlikely I'll be able to attend next year as they are holding it over the Father's Day holiday.

Posts: 2773 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Awesome. I would love to do something like that on my Goldwing. A 5 hour drive is the longest I have done.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
We were supposed to meet a friend at the BMW rally in Great Falls this year but he passed away from cancer in April. So we changed our plans and are going to trailer the bikes Great Falls on Friday for 2 days of riding around there, hoping to hit the "Going to the Sun Road". Then it is off to Idaho to ride parts of the BCDR and general exploring as the wife is not really experienced off road on anything but gravel. We will circle we end up back in Great Falls. Then to Yellowstone for 2-3 days. Then we are going to head to the Black Hills of SD to catch the "Get On Revzilla Adventure Rally" for 3-4 days then heading home.

Here are some pictures from the COBDR (Colorado Back Country Discovery Route)

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3694 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
I am >< THIS CLOSE to pulling the trigger on a Honda Africa Twin!

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3301 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Do it! The AT is a great bike.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16095 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IntrepidTraveler:
I am >< THIS CLOSE to pulling the trigger on a Honda Africa Twin!

For about an hour I rode with a guy on an AT.

Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post

drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Have a local friend headed out there to the BMW Rally. He rides a BMW that has over 300,000 miles and purrs like a little kitten and by looking at it you would not guess that many miles. ................................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2008 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
Half of day 1. Sawtooth and Pettit national forests.

The best riding in ID is up north, but there are some beautiful spots in the south.

I'm on a 2020 Triumph Tiger 900 Rally Pro. Dunlop Trailmax Mission tires. I'm loaded a bit heavy on the rear, so the front end skates a little on gravel. So no balls-out riding. Just me taking my sweet time in the mountains, happy to be there.