SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Going broke then woke
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Going broke then woke Login/Join 
posted
A different take on some of these companies going woke.

They are on a sinking ship and trying going woke to survive. An interesting take on it.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/f...ZPIRi91zQdL02jtfhaOg

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
And they're not thinking about the backlash from the people that represent a large and well off financially segment of the population but they're pandering to a small one?

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Not that it matters much, but I won't drink Coke.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Daniel Greenfield makes some good points. I think many corporations calculate that the backlash won’t last forever. They are gambling on the short memory of the public. Personally I find the whole woke movement to be silly, hypocritical and stupid. I don’t think it is wise to give people a reason to love your company at the expense of others who will now hate you. Why not just fucking stay apolitical as possible and stop acting divisive? Is that too hard to do?

It’s gonna be amazing when companies shut the fuck up, quit pandering and focus on making a good product and having a good relationship with all their customers. That would he hella tolerant rather than this fucktarded faux tolerance bandwagon everyone wants to hop onto.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21115 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash-LB:
And they're not thinking about the backlash from the people that represent a large and well off financially segment of the population but they're pandering to a small one?

As was pointed out in both this article and an earlier thread, Brit or other non-US CEOs were also a factor. Just as S&W completely lost track of what the US market was all about under a Brit CEO, the clowns running Coca-Cola and McDonald's are completely out of touch with their respective US markets.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Copied from another:

the white population in the USA is aging - the most common age being 58 years old. That's a full 13 years past the prime years for commercial marketing. There's less white people on the entire planet combined than Chinese in China or Indians in India or Africans in Africa. As major corporations (including basically the entirety of big tech) have become more and more focused on these markets, they care less and less about making profits from 200 million aging whites in America but rather from the ~7+ billion other humans and growing populations on the planet. This shift has put the money in the mouths of racist fools like the professor who taught me CRT. It's why we now have a "Juneteenth" federal holiday celebrating something I hadn't even heard of as a Midwesterner until about three years ago.

In the global economy - whites are rapidly enroute to becoming an oppressed minority.  Clown world is real but it's real because these corporations don't care about you anymore. Demographics is destiny.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I was more interested in the other two companies mentioned - Gillette and nike. Nike has always been woke being headquartered in Oregon and filled with woke people.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19676 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rey HRH:
I was more interested in the other two companies mentioned - Gillette and nike. Nike has always been woke being headquartered in Oregon and filled with woke people.
yep. Some of the first "woke" before it was popular.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
... I think many corporations calculate that the backlash won’t last forever. They are gambling on the short memory of the public. ...
They're right. Just look around here. Many cancelled their accounts on Twitter, Facebook, Amazon, et al. to protest the censoring of ideologies, just to reopen them a couple weeks later. Some of us are holding strong but it doesn't matter if there's no cohesion.

Posts: 45381 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
I hadn’t had a Coke in years. Caught wind on their social justice HR they were subjecting their employees to on evils of being white, no dice, never Coke again. My local gun shop went as far as to pull the Coke Vending machines & replace them with Pepsi. As for Nike, they suck. I also buy generic razor blades as Gillette is way overpriced.

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Nike and Coke piece is easy. It's all the other common household items that you use every day and have no idea of their origin - it could almost be a full time job keeping track.

I can't wait to see the impact on the NFL with their new 21-22 Vaccinated vs. Non-Vaccinated player and coach protocols. Should be a genuine shit-show.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Speedbird
posted Hide Post
I agree; imo it is a calculated risk:
o To gain market share
o Short-Term is worth the risk and they are operating at reduced capacity (Blamed on the RONA). Any short term losses could be offset by higher yields
o LONG game seems irrelevant to many these days

Posts: 504 | Location: Fort Couch (VA) | Registered: December 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I think it's due more to relatively young and relatively clueless marketing people who are just trying to appeal to whatever seems to be the fad of the moment. We've all met these kinds of 20-30-something naive kids who are just participating in herd behavior. I've seen colossally naive advertising that you look at and say, how could this every get approved?

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For many of these companies, virtue signaling is nothing more than marketing. No successful manufacturing entities design and sell high volume goods based on political leanings. They grab onto public sentiments as a means of aligning their brands in hopes of holding or increasing market shares. Personally, I make purchases based on several factors. Quality of products compared to the cost is a big one. But, all things being equal, or nearly equal, I prefer to spend my money with companies that don't treat me like an intellectual fraud. Virtue signaling for my business is a good way to lose my business. Particularly if my values don't align with your marketing.

Ignem Feram

Posts: 528 | Registered: October 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SiggiGirl
posted Hide Post
The reigning politics are liberal - companies are going after the share market. Politics swing both sides - https://www.forbes.com/sites/j...ism/?sh=1873f0f05198

Posts: 28 | Location: Boston | Registered: October 04, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post