SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    a startling discovery,... I AM old...
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

a startling discovery,... I AM old... Login/Join 
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Funny, I was just thinking this same thought last night.

About two weeks ago I slathered generic Ben Gay on my right bicep, the one with the torn tendon.

Last week another round of bronchitis. Cough is beating me up. So yesterday at the store I picked up some Vicks Vaporub. That seemed to help last night. I haven't used that stuff for probably fifty years, kind of nostalgic but again on the other hand it was "I smell old people".

As long as I don't have the aroma of mothballs following me around.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8113 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Ahh, yer only as old as you feel.

Until yer nuts fall off.

Then, sorry to say it, yup, yer old...

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12784 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Ahh, yer only as old as you feel.

Well some mornings, that would be about 150 y/o!!!!

Posts: 6625 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
in the end karma
always catches up
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike in NC

I learned that what we may think is important won’t be to anyone else.

I have had to go through a couple of people’s stuff, it’s eye opening when you realize how much we hold on to that has no value to anyone else. My mom had a couple of boxes of pictures, I only recognized her and my Uncles in about 5% of the pictures. I had no clue who the rest of the people were.

" The people shall have a right to bear arms, for the defense of themselves and the State" Art 1 Sec 32 Indiana State Constitution

YAT-YAS

Posts: 3694 | Location: Northwest, In | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
I won't claim I'm getting old, but I'm more than sure some mornings they've turned the gravity up a couple notches...

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9855 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Pace yourself. Do a little bit at a time and you won't need Advil and a nap.

I think I'm still 48 years old when I retired. I just chopped a bunch of firewood today. Tomorrow will be a day of reckoning and rest. It never ends...well, it does and way to soon.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post