SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy Solstice
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy Solstice Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
My traditional picture of the sunset taken at midnight on the solstice. Denali did not want to come out and play tonight, but Mt. Foraker and Hunter did.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11889 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
As conservative orthodox reformed Druid, I danced nekkid in my yard in the moonlight to celebrate.

All my neighbors fled screaming.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32054 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
It was June 20th at 4:50 PM EDT. The earliest it's been since 1796.

Posts: 9297 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
And into the dreaded scorching sun we go Razz

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19772 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
More light than heat
Picture of Milliron
posted Hide Post
I really need to see Alaska before I die.

"Age does not bring wisdom. Often it merely changes simple stupidity into arrogant conceit. It's only advantage, so far as I have been able to see, is that it spans change. A young person sees the world as a still picture, immutable. An old person has had his nose rubbed in changes and more changes and still more changes so many times that that he knows it is a moving picture, forever changing. He may not like it--probably doesn't; I don't--but he knows it's so, and knowing is the first step in coping with it."

Robert Heinlein

Posts: 8887 | Location: West Chester, Ohio | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I know what I like
I like what I know
Picture of Mark in Michigan
posted Hide Post
May your day be long...
Big Grin

Best regards,
Mark in Michigan

Posts: 521 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Milliron:
I really need to see Alaska before I die.
Yeah, if you see it after you die, the experience will be substantially diminished.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post