SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Snake question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Snake question Login/Join 
Picture of Fowler
posted
What do I have here?
Actually 2 snakes: one maybe 2 foot long, the other shorter; fairly skinny - less than an inch across; small head
I'm in coastal Maine and we don't have many snakes here, but this (these) are new to me.
[IMG]resize your image to max 900 pixels horizontal resolution[/IMG]
https://i79.photobucket.com/al...3494_zpsmhqwslq4.jpg

This message has been edited. Last edited by: LDD,

------------------------------
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong.

Posts: 7818 | Location: Mid-Coast Maine | Registered: December 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I went to Maine every year as a kid and they said there aren't any venomous snakes there.
Looks like a water snake but here is a pretty good sample of the snakes of Maine for future reference.

http://www.whatsnakeisthat.com...ion/northeast/maine/

Posts: 9516 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
I'm thinking milk snake.

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Please resize your picture. I had to zoom out 5x on a 28" monitor. Feel sorry for the guys browsing on smart phones.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23262 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Fowler
posted Hide Post
220-9er: Thanks for the reference with the good pictures. Looks like my guys are either water snakes or milk snakes.
And Tatortodd: sorry about the pic size. It's been so long, I forgot which link to my Photobucket photos to use.

------------------------------
Just because you disagree with someone doesn't mean they're wrong.

Posts: 7818 | Location: Mid-Coast Maine | Registered: December 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Could be young corn snakes. As they mature they turn more red/orange.

Posts: 3455 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
It’s an Eastern Milk snake..

Posts: 13813 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post