SIGforum
Colombian bulletproof clothing designer hopes for U.S. expansion — and he’ll shoot his wife to make it happen

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7730048924

September 03, 2017, 09:05 AM
wcb6092
Colombian bulletproof clothing designer hopes for U.S. expansion — and he’ll shoot his wife to make it happen
I don't think I would try that with a magnum caliber.

http://www.miamiherald.com/new...rticle170345577.html

A Colombian entrepreneur is bringing his bulletproof fashion line stateside with guns blazing.

Designer Miguel Caballero’s clothing line has opened a distribution center in Miami and will be sold under the MC Armor moniker.

His wife, Carolina Ballesteros, will head the Florida operation for the Bogota-based company. And to help boost sales, Caballero put a .38-caliber slug into the abdomen of his children’s mother.

“I swore to myself I would never do that again,” the 49-year-old designer told the Miami Herald after shooting Ballesteros for a promotional video. “But she’s trying to open up the American market and I’m helping her in every way I can.

o MC Armor’s bulletproof jackets and T-shirts will begin selling at 10 Florida gun stores as well as a handful in California and Texas, according to the Miami Herald.

Company executives hope the firm’s tank top will be a big seller. The 2.4-lb. basic model reportedly starts at $495 and can also stop .22-caliber and 9mm rounds.

September 03, 2017, 09:15 AM
Fenris
At the very first second of the video, it looks like a lead bullet, no copper jacketing. How much do you want to bet it's a soft lead?

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.
September 03, 2017, 09:21 AM
kz1000
How about neckties?

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
September 03, 2017, 09:47 AM
ZSMICHAEL
Was she wearing proper Ear Pro? Hmmm. I wonder what was the basis of that relationship?

I enjoyed the decor featuring a crucifix and stand with the open Bible. Nice touch. Glad to see the workers wearing masks.

Maybe they could include old CDs of Miami Vice with the tank top.
September 03, 2017, 10:30 AM
Some Shot
What could go wrong?
September 03, 2017, 10:48 AM
LS1 GTO
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
At the very first second of the video, it looks like a lead bullet, no copper jacketing. How much do you want to bet it's a soft lead?

Pretty close range though, and she didn't appear to move much.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

September 03, 2017, 10:55 AM
egregore

September 03, 2017, 11:06 AM
downtownv
She's definitely to hot for him...

https://www.teampython.com

September 03, 2017, 11:07 AM
flashguy
I would have expected more of a reaction from the blunt force trauma. I saw a muzzle flash, so it was a gunpowder-propelled slug, but I'm guessing it was a pretty light load.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
September 03, 2017, 11:17 AM
rscalzo
Richard Davis routinely shot himself wearing his second Chance vest as a demo back in the early 70's.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net
September 03, 2017, 11:23 AM
sigmonkey
He shot his wife for profit?
He's no gentleman.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!
September 03, 2017, 11:28 AM
46and2
No way it's a full / regular powdered load, right?
September 03, 2017, 12:07 PM
bigdeal
Just showed my wife the video. I don't think I'm going to share her comments. Wink

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter
September 03, 2017, 02:32 PM
Dresden
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
Richard Davis routinely shot himself wearing his second Chance vest as a demo back in the early 70's.

I was at one of his demonstrations at our department range in 1976. I bought a Second Chance about a week later, our Department wouldn't pay for them.
September 03, 2017, 02:41 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by rscalzo:
His son does the demos, now.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
September 03, 2017, 02:47 PM
Blackmore
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
She's definitely to hot for him...

He must have a huge...

...wallet.

Truth: The New Hate Speech
September 03, 2017, 02:51 PM
jimmy123x
What an IDIOT. What if the bullet split on exit and a piece hit her elsewhere.....
September 03, 2017, 02:59 PM
wrightd
As per previous comments above, that load and bullet is DEFINITELY designed for that purpose, there's no way he could be shooting her with full power loads, let alone any kind of magnum round.

He may be having fun, and she may enjoy any money he's making, but damn, I'd find a better way to sell my product. Is it effective to swaying sales ? Sure it is. But is it smart ? I don't think so.

I'd probably be one of the guys in the audience, "Hey ! Can that vest handle magnums ? Then here, shoot my GP 100 357 mag with Buffalo Bore hard cast boolits, and let's see how your wife reacts !"

Idiot. And yes, she's far too hot for him. There's probably a cultural thing going on there where ugly guys get hot women.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster
September 03, 2017, 03:55 PM
LtJL
it's not that the ugly guys get the hot women, it's that the RICH guys get the hot women, and rich discounts the ugly factor.
September 03, 2017, 04:20 PM
radioman
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
He shot his wife for profit?
He's no gentleman.

It only gets weird if he lets other men shoot his wife for profit.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!