SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Country Singer Justin Carter Dead at 35 After Accidental Shooting
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Country Singer Justin Carter Dead at 35 After Accidental Shooting Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted
Sad for those involved but hard to understand how someone can be so irresponsible with a deadly weapon.

https://www.foxnews.com/entert...-accidental-shooting

Posts: 9524 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The Fox story makes no sense at all:
quote:
her son was filming a music video in Houston, Texas on Saturday when a gun in his pocket "went off and caught my son in the corner of his eye.
Even if you're pocket carrying w/o a pocket holster or other shit in your pocket the usual place impacted is the leg or groin.

However, the local ABC station is saying the gun was supposed to be a prop for the video:
quote:
accidental shooting that happened with a gun that was being used as a music video prop.
According to Atherton, a gun that was going to be used for a music video shoot was the same one that ultimately killed Carter at his apartment.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23286 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
So he was either

Sitting in a chair, bent over at the waist, looking at his knee when the gun went off?

He for some reason had it in his pocket barrel up and something depressed the trigger enough to discharge a round has he happened to be looking down at it?

He removed the pistol from his pocket, pointed at himself and pulled the trigger

Anyone wanna guess?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I started to reply, then I remembered "if you can't say something nice about someone, don't say anything at all".

Posts: 3437 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I question this incident as well. A loaded actual gun as a prop?

Posts: 17147 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
So he was either

Sitting in a chair, bent over at the waist, looking at his knee when the gun went off?

He for some reason had it in his pocket barrel up and something depressed the trigger enough to discharge a round has he happened to be looking down at it?

He removed the pistol from his pocket, pointed at himself and pulled the trigger

Anyone wanna guess?

Biting his toenails. Yeah, biting his toenails, I'm gonna go with that.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43907 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MG34_Dan
posted Hide Post
The story doesn't pass the smell test. Sorry.

“Elections have consequences, and at the end of the day, I won.”
– Barack Hussein Obama, January 23, 2009

Posts: 2192 | Location: Austin Texas USA | Registered: February 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
My pocket gun points down at all times. How do you shoot yourself in the eye with a pocketed gun? This makes zero sense.

Posts: 33829 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Bets on him John Erik Hexum’ing himself.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

It's not clear, at least to me, whether the gun was just a prop or his carry piece. I assumed it was his carry piece. How he managed to shoot himself in the face with a pocket gun is beyond me though.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30411 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
Sad for sure. God bless his family.

Since when did it become everyone else's responsibility to pay for funerals? Seems like everyone that dies these days sets up a GoFundMe to have others pay for expenses that the family should be responsible for. I paid for both my parents funerals as well as my brother and sister. That was my responsibility and no one else's (outside my family).

It seems like online panhandling to me but maybe I'm just old fashioned.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

You are showing your age to pull that reference out.

But, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

COVER UP!

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I was working on a still shoot for a movie that starred Jason Statham and Jlo. We were lighting 2 sets when the photographer asked for a pistol for a prop. The armorer had not arrived yet. I volunteered the concealed Glock 17 on my hip. Of course, I unloaded it. We completed the lighting and the armorer showed up and asked where we got the prop gun. I explained the situation to him. He replied "I love you Florida boys"!

quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
After a quick search of his music, it sounds just awful. I wanted to jab ice pics in my ears to make it all stop. Bro country rap.

He may have been the nicest guy in the world. But his music was terrible.

Posts: 1801 | Location: Possum Kingdom, TX | Registered: April 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
So he was either

Anyone wanna guess?

Ricochet?

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4931 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:

You are showing your age to pull that reference out.

But, it was the first thing that came to my mind.

COVER UP!

I liked Voyagers as a kid........and if I’m honest as an adult. Daughter and I have watched them.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7685 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:

Since when did it become everyone else's responsibility to pay for funerals? Seems like everyone that dies these days sets up a GoFundMe to have others pay for expenses that the family should be responsible for. I paid for both my parents funerals as well as my brother and sister. That was my responsibility and no one else's (outside my family).

I must be old fashioned too. Sorry for their loss but have they no shame - to panhandle in such a manner.

Speak softly and carry a big stick loaded Sig

Posts: 4887 | Location: Raleigh, North Carolina | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
You can skip ahead to 3:30 if you like.
Sad for anyone to die so young, may he Rest In Peace.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LBTRS:

Usually such an occurrence, unfortunate as it may be, will induce a surge in music sales. I would think that would obviate the need for a GoFundMe effort. How about instead, a contribution in his name to the branch of the NRA that promotes gun safety.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
Am I the only one that instantly stops reading an article when I come to the phrase “go fund me?”

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post