SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Panic Time? Oscar-Bait Movies Keep Tanking at Box Office
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Panic Time? Oscar-Bait Movies Keep Tanking at Box Office Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
We saw Top Gun 2 and thought about seeing Elvis. Instead we bought Elvis for $9.95 - the price of a popcorn and Pepsi at the theater.

I thought folks made movies to make money. What’s the point if you lose money but win an Oscar? Fame?

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigalert:
I think the entertainment landscape is too fragmented to support the old Hollywood distribution model.

I think it's already so fragmented and only getting worse that it's doomed.

"You expect me to subscribe to 9 different streaming services, and still pay my cable company $100 a month for internet so I can watch them? NFW."

quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
Last time I was in a theater was when Open Range came out.

That was the last, or second to last movie I saw in a theater, only went because my dad wanted to see it.

But when I think about it, not wanting to see anything, I suspect many of you are like me. I don't watch TV, I don't read the news paper, so I don't see any any ads for movies anyway. (do they still run movie ads in the paper?) The only place I might see an ad for a movie is Youtube, where I mute and don't watch ANY of the commercials, so even if there were movies I might be interested in, I wouldn't know it.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post