SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    From Z to shining Z
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

From Z to shining Z Login/Join 
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted
My beloved 2003 BMW Z4 3.0 is gone. Still only had 42k on the clock. I received a good offer and jumped on it. I upgraded to a Z4 that's 10 years newer and super fun to drive. Still I think I will miss the silver bullet. Blue lightning has big shoes to fill Big Grin

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prep, Confirm, Roll
posted Hide Post
She is purdy!!!

I have never driven one, sounds like a blast

NRA Certified instructor,
and Range Safety officer

OpSpec Training http://opspectraining.com
Grayguns - http://grayguns.com

Posts: 3173 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Good looking ride.

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Very nice! Next time go with the M, you will thank me later if you like spirited driving Smile

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7149 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG4EVA:
Very nice! Next time go with the M, you will thank me later if you like spirited driving Smile

They don't make an M anymore. I think 2007 or 8 was the last year. This one has the M-sport suspension though. The top end Sdrive 35i is a $70k car and I just didn't want to spend that much on a second car. Plus once you go into the turbo world with these the reliablity nose dives. At 255 horse in relatively light weight car this thing moves.

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
Nice. I'll bet the hard too convertible is significantly quieter though I'd imagine you lose the convenience factor. It certainly looks better, at least to me. The blue paint is outstanding!

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12965 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
I'm with BRL. Hard top convertibles just look classier...speaking of that, your car pic with the blue sky and landscape looks outstanding.

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4502 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Love the hard top and color, though I'm not going to give up my '06 M Roadster anytime soon - S54 baby!

Posts: 2162 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BRL:
Nice. I'll bet the hard too convertible is significantly quieter though I'd imagine you lose the convenience factor. It certainly looks better, at least to me. The blue paint is outstanding!

I agree the hard top is much more practical. Soft tops can be fragile. Both had power tops. The only inconvenience is that the hard top takes a full 20 seconds to close while the soft top takes about 7 seconds. But you can go upto 30 miles per hour while closing and opening the top on the hard top, had to be stopped in my older Z. While not an inconvenience the soft top can be opened and closed manually if the motor fails but not so with the hard top which is a consideration.

This is why I buy extended warranties Big Grin

Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by barndg00:
Love the hard top and color, though I'm not going to give up my '06 M Roadster anytime soon - S54 baby!

Yes if my e85 Z was an M I would have definitely held on to it. I do like how the new one looks like the older M coupe with the top closed.