SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I Self-Identified today and it felt great!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I Self-Identified today and it felt great! Login/Join 
Picture of redleg2/9
posted
First, let me explain that I am Dyslectic and combined with being an Old Fart, I view numbers in my own personal way. I also have an appointment this week for knee replacement surgery.

During breakfast today, I told my wife that I was just wasting away because our refrigerator stock is somewhat depleted.

Wife: “OK, what are you at now?”

Me: “175 from 182”

Wife: laughs - “You mean 275, you always do this.” - laughs more

Me: as light bulb comes on above head – “Well, I Self-Identify as 175.”

Damn, if feels good to be 175 pounds again. Smile

“Leave the Artillerymen alone, they are an obstinate lot. . .”
– Napoleon Bonaparte

http://poundsstudio.com/

Posts: 2279 | Location: Louisiana | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
Is it OK if I self identify as on my 17th birthday? So I can not enlist in the army a week later?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25645 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actually, each of your "identities" is far more legitimate than the gender BS.

Red: You actually were 175 at one point in your life and could be again.

Elk: You actually have experienced being a 17yo young man ready to enlist.

This gender crap is pure bullshit. Until they find a way to alter every strand of DNA in the body, nothing changes. Plastic surgery, dress up games, whatever.

Posts: 8975 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
...good to hear this....I've been on a new hypnosis-diet.....they've got me down to 105# so far....

Posts: 9856 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
If I self-identified as I wished to, I'd probably get slapped a lot Big Grin

(Or pepper-sprayed...)

(Or kicked inna fork...)

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Let's be careful
out there
posted Hide Post
I'm on a new diet, too.
I can eat anything I want,

I just can't swallow it. Big Grin

Posts: 7333 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: May 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9199 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Lol. I always tell people I am 30 again when asked about my age.
I'll be 30 again this summer for the 13th time.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8051 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
careful... you'll go blind

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38036 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Protect Your Nuts
posted Hide Post
I see nothing wrong with that Smile My Toyota Seqouia self identifies into those "fuel efficient cars only" parking spots all the time.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"deserves" ain't got nothin to do with it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posts: 2696 | Location: VA, mostly | Registered: June 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post