SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Moderate priced entry 4k drone.
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moderate priced entry 4k drone. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
That drone looks awesome for the price! I got a similar Potensic model last year, and I was really impressed with the quality of the footage for the cost. It’s great to see you’re getting extra batteries and features like tracking for $350—that’s a steal compared to a DJI Mini 2! Just double-check the local drone laws where you’re going. Hope you get some amazing shots on your trip!

in the 'Merica Navy they teach you to go pew pew pew...
Luckily in the PNW they taught me to go BANG BANG BANG

Posts: 100 | Registered: November 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Check out Costco. DJI mini 3 on sale for $299.

https://www.costco.com/dji-min...duct.4000146635.html

quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
I'd fly to Turks and Caicos with live ammo falling out of my pockets before getting within spitting distance of NJ with a firearm.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4404 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Skins did you ever settle on a drone? Because I blame you for the Mini 3 I have in a pelican case at the moment.

Posts: 3109 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anubismp:
Hey Skins did you ever settle on a drone? Because I blame you for the Mini 3 I have in a pelican case at the moment.

I ended up with the original one I linked, couldn't justify the extra cash for the DJI. I also went with the linked one because of no geofencing; not under scrutiny or possible ban; lastly the DJI privacy concerns.

Here's my first flights:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
That’s really cool. I’ll blame you for the drone I bought on Prime Day that was delivered and waiting at the house today. Had you not posted this thread, I wouldn’t have started looking at them.

Posts: 11711 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Skins,
How long will your drone fly on a full charge?

What is this geofence thing?

Thanks

Posts: 1668 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
What is this geofence thing?

It's an invisible fence based on GPS. It blocks drones from going into restricted air space. The benefit is less thought is needed to fly, and can protect you from unknown restricted areas. The downside is that geofencing may extend past restricted areas.

Most people would probably prefer geofencing, I like the idea of less restrictions.

quote:
How long will your drone fly on a full charge?

Batteries are rated @32 min each, the package I ordered has 3. In theory over 1.5hrs. The few test flights I've made have been 25+ minutes, with the exception of flying it in fast mode. I think it's set to return to home at 15% battery.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21179 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post