SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone used the Ryobi Expand It tool
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone used the Ryobi Expand It tool Login/Join 
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted
They have a brush cutter that looks like what I am looking for. I have other Ryobi tools but curious how the swappable attachments hold up.

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10729 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Over 20 years here, string trimmer (2), brush cutter (2), hedge trimmer, edger. and tiller attachments, some non-Ryobi. Moved from 2-cycle Poulan Pro power head to Ryobi battery, everything kept working and stayed swappable. No complaints.

Posts: 6487 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Yep. I bought the 40V carbon fiber string trimmer and have added the expand it edger and tiller.

Weedeater and edger are awesome. Only complaint on edger is our St Augustine grass (grows horizontal like crab grass for you Northerners) is edging when it's wet as the wet soil and thick stolons build up in the guard and need to be manually cleaned. Breezes right through it when it's dry, and I imagine it's breeze through less tough grass like Kentucky blue grass.

I've added about 180' x 1.5 feet in brand new landscape beds in my backyard along my fences and house. Kill grass with round up, till, add compost, till, and plant. It's better suited for working in compost to my organic raised bed garden, but it got the job done on my 3 new in ground landscape projects.

Hedge trimmer is the only expand it that didn't make sense to me. The stand alone hedge trimmer cut twice as thick branches and at the time was only $10 more.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23281 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I have the 40v pole saw and will be getting the weed trimmer soon. No issues, and am a big fan of the Ryobi stuff. Good compromise between quality and price.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Yep. I bought the 40V carbon fiber string trimmer and have added the expand it edger and tiller.

Glad to read this, I've been thinking about replacing my Stihl 2-stroke with the Ryobi series. I've already got the mower & bower. So the Stihl is my last gas powered lawn tool.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15343 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post