SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Left-wing Indoctrination at West Point
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Left-wing Indoctrination at West Point Login/Join 
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted
Link to Story

"The military academy at West Point has been requiring cadets to take classes and attend events that have a far-left bias on such issues as identity politics, according to Breitbart.

For the last three years, the academy has hosted an event called “Honorably Living Day.” As reported by the Military Times, “Honorably Living Day” includes lessons on “diversity, inclusion, and acceptance of people from different backgrounds, races, and genders.”

As part of the event, cadets were required to watch two documentaries produced by Jennifer Newsom, the wife of California Governor Gavin Newsom. The documentaries include interviews with far-left figures such as Governor Newsom (D-Calif.), House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.), and Senator Cory Booker (D-N.J.). The documentaries focused on “hypermasculinity” and “gender roles” associated with men.

Speaking anonymously to Breitbart, many West Point cadets expressed their disgust at the left-wing indoctrination, with one saying that he was “being taught how not to be a man.” Another cadet said that he intends to quit West Point, since “it’s no longer teaching me to be a leader of men,” but instead “teaching me how to be a victim.”

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
For the last three years, the academy has hosted an event called “Honorably Living Day.” As reported by the Military Times, “Honorably Living Day” includes lessons on “diversity, inclusion, and acceptance of people from different backgrounds, races, and genders.”

Fine, they just need to append it with "we train to kill them all (enemies) ".

Posts: 23193 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
...both Foreign AND Domestic.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I smell the taint of Obama and his appointees.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable. As Commander in Chief, Trump needs to put an immediate halt to this.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16379 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
...both Foreign AND Domestic.
So help me God. Razz

quote:
...but instead “teaching me how to be a victim.”
Ain't that the friggin truth!

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6367 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
The corporate world is inundated with diversity and inclusion. Most major corporations are focused on D&I now so there’s not much difference. At least I don’t happen to know any right wing conservatives pushing D&I.

Posts: 4222 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

All levels of federal government and military (active, reserve, guard) spent 8 years transforming themselves under Obama's reign. It will take many years to drain that swamp, but unfortunately on the civilian side of the house it's damn near impossible to fire anyone so we're screwed.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 19tass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:

I agree - 8 rotten years has taken its toll.

Posts: 1204 | Location: Southern Illinois | Registered: November 17, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“So Professor, does this mean I need to know the political view of the enemy before I shoot him?”

Posts: 2158 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AirmanJeff:
All levels of federal government and military (active, reserve, guard) spent 8 years transforming themselves under Obama's reign. It will take many years to drain that swamp, but unfortunately on the civilian side of the house it's damn near impossible to fire anyone so we're screwed.

Indeed. 8-years is a long time and #44 and team, had legions of private consulting companies, academics and think-tanks, eager to help draft and implement their social engineering plans across various industries. Celebrities and media helped grease the tracks so it all appeared to the unwise, that it was all normal, just and cool Roll Eyes.

For many issues, the military being a slow and cumbersome institution where change and inertia are so ingrained can be a good thing. In this case, its detrimental and the brass was compliant, both in its implantation and allowing it to continue.

Posts: 15055 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is nothing new at service academies. USAFA was doing crap like this in the early ‘90’s. The USAF, when I left, had not met a left-wing idea it didn’t like.

You will notice that winning an actual armed conflict isn’t something Americans care about anymore.

Posts: 526 | Registered: October 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blume9mm
posted Hide Post
Just because you watch a documentary about something or someone does not mean you have to accept it,,,,

If I recall anything from when I was 18 and going to a Military College... I was about as far from being feminized and turning left wing as you can get.... torn between two goals.... getting tail and learning to jump out of helicopters and killing as many of the enemy as possible.

My Native American Name:
"Runs with Scissors"

Posts: 4441 | Location: Greenville, SC | Registered: January 30, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris42:
“So Professor, does this mean I need to know the political view of the enemy before I shoot him?”

Not quite. First you have to sit down and share a latte with him/her/it.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Nothing new, brass like to ensure they get the "support equal opportunity" box checked on their performance reviews.

just like corporate culture .....you can't rise in the ranks if you don't embrace EO

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
Being forced to listen to Pelosi, Newsom & Booker would be the equivalent of waterboarding.
SERE training shouldn’t be this brutal.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3870 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post