SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Buying a car from govdeals.com
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Buying a car from govdeals.com Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GTO:
L77 6.0 ls series

I was hoping it had the 400+ HP 6.2 SS engine. I wanted one of them so bad. Used they sell for a freaking lot, like $30,000+ for a low mileage used one. Got brand new 325hp/390tq Fusion for less than most of the lightly used SS' are going for.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Prepared for the Worst, Providing the Best
Picture of 92fstech
posted Hide Post
Sweet car, OP! I've wanted one ever since our neighboring jurisdiction got them....they handle great and are stupid fast. Yes, they do have some issues...interior space and that idiotic console shifter (although I think some of the later model years corrected that...and they are not the only company that tries to peddle that console shifter bullshit as squad cars...the my 2018 Dodge Durango has one too, and I'd love to kick the guy responsible in the nuts).

Yeah, they're tough to drive in the snow. But I will say that the guys I know who drive them wouldn't trade them for anything out there right now. I wouldn't mind having one as a POV...it would be a really fun car to drive.

Posts: 8680 | Location: In the Cornfields | Registered: May 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I'm looking forward to driving a v8 car again. It has been 10 years . Snow really isn't a problem here. If it does snow I'll take the wife's awd rig. I've read a ton of information on these cars. I really wanted a Pontiac G8 GXP or a Chevrolet SS but I couldn't justify the money aspect to getting one. I would be worried sick about driving it in fear of door ding issues. That's the problem with having a nice car. I know drive it and enjoy it. I hear this from my wife about my GTO. I will give an update (review) after i put a few miles on it.

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GTO:
Thanks, I'm looking forward to driving a v8 car again. It has been 10 years . Snow really isn't a problem here. If it does snow I'll take the wife's awd rig. I've read a ton of information on these cars. I really wanted a Pontiac G8 GXP or a Chevrolet SS but I couldn't justify the money aspect to getting one. I would be worried sick about driving it in fear of door ding issues. That's the problem with having a nice car. I know drive it and enjoy it. I hear this from my wife about my GTO. I will give an update (review) after i put a few miles on it.

Awesome, enjoy! When do you get to take delivery and take her for a spin?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20848 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
Agreed, that will be a fun car to drive. Fast as heck, too fast.

Horrible patrol car, though. The current generation of Ford Explorers are hands-down the best patrol vehicle I have ever used. And nearly as fast as the Caprice, which is stoooopid fast.

I hope you enjoy it. I drove a new one for a bit and thought to myself that I wouldn't mind having one for my own.

You need to try a Durango or Tahoe. Best SUV cruisers out there. I will light my self on fire in roll call if I have to take a junk Ford Exploder!!! If you want a stoooooopid fast and sweet sedan type cruiser.... the Dodge Charger AWD V8 Hemi Pursuit.

Posts: 4069 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
They are wicked fast and fun to drive.
Parts are ridiculously expensive!!!! Kentucky State Police bought some but quickly stopped because of repair costs and time frame to actually obtain parts.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25454 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My experience in stoopid fast but impractical patrol cars:
Fox body Mustang LX SSP. 5.0
Chevy Nova 9C1. 350 V8.
My favorite was a Dodge Diplomat 360 V8. Its short wheelbase made it interesting!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16132 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GTO
posted Hide Post
Awesome, enjoy! When do you get to take delivery and take her for a spin?[/QUOTE] I hope to get it this Tuesday.

Posts: 242 | Location: Gig Harbor WA | Registered: March 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Russ59:
Are you looking for a cheap V8? Or something more long term investment? if the later I’d imagine the Pontiac GTO 6.0 would be nicer and fewer miles. Even the recent Chevy Impala SS.

My GTO has been hands down the worst car I have ever owned. Fast and comfortable, but absolutely neverending electrical issues. If you are looking at one, check ALL of the electical issues out well before you pull the trigger. I think I'm actually about to part mine out rather than try to sell it whole it's so bad.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3520 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post