SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What happened to the chicken skin on chicken breasts?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What happened to the chicken skin on chicken breasts? Login/Join 
Man Once
Child Twice
posted
Sometimes, as in almost all of the time, I want the chicken skin on it. Seems most breast’s offered now have no skin on it. Must be sold separately for something. Skin or No Skin?

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sent to the rendering plant I would imagine.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Or pet food. Chicken by-products

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6494 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
GMO skinless, boneless chicken clones, made in big Petri dishes.
Haven't you noticed, they are all right side breasts?

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Most of the fat is in the skin. With the emphasis on healthier eating choices, chicken breast w/o the skin is offered as a low-fat option.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
It’s being saved for that new dish: bucket o’ skin.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8034 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Maybe the chicken broth people are buying them up. Pet food? It’s all fun and games until they start taking off the skin off of the chicken legs. Or wings. That’s where the flavor is.
sigmonkey— they’re sending all the left breasts up north. Can’t find a homegrown right breast in all of NE Ohio.

Posts: 11149 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I think you have to buy bone-in to get the skin on.

Boneless seems to also always be skinless as well.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12798 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
We gonna get some
oojima in this house!
Picture of smithnsig
posted Hide Post
Broths and stocks mostly.

-----------------------------------------------------------
TCB all the time...

Posts: 6501 | Location: Cantonment/Perdido Key, Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We can still find skin-on chicken breasts around here (NV), but it's not boneless.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
Maybe Chicken Rinds are the new thing and they just not on the shelf yet where you live. Big Grin

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
We have the choice if either at our local grocery store. I can say for sure that skinless breast meat is very low in fat. I went on a couple week chicken protein diet and lost weight.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15633 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Facts are stubborn things
Picture of armedprof
posted Hide Post
It is in McDonalds nuggets...

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
We can still find skin-on chicken breasts around here (NV), but it's not boneless.

All of the bone in chicken breasts here have the skin, all of the boneless are also skinless. If you want boneless with skin, you have to debone chicken breasts to get them.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Truth
Picture of Luis
posted Hide Post
That's a good question. Id also like to know what has happened to chicken breast in general.

A lot of the times it looks like what I call fake meat. It no longer has fibers. It doesn't look like meat anymore. Its like pressed together I don't know what. Doesn't look like muscle.

What has happened to food these days?

Posts: 4328 | Location: A hop, skip and a jump from the bayou. S East Tx, USA | Registered: October 13, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I think you have to buy bone-in to get the skin on.

Boneless seems to also always be skinless as well.

This. Bone-in is also 10x tastier than bland boneless skinless chicken breasts that you have to smother in something so it’s edible.

Posts: 3935 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I don't know what happened to the skin or what happens with it, but I can tell you Bone IN, skin ON chicken breast is the only chicken breast I buy.
I'm also a big thigh fan. Boneless skinless doesn't move my needle.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9700 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16399 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Boneless breasts never have skin but thighs and legs always have skin, the only breast that has skin is bone in.

When I kill and process chickens they never end up with skin on them, I'm too lazy to pluck them.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The best part of skin on bone-in poultry is with a lemon sliced in half you can restore the nipples on the breasts Wink

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23336 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post