SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cross border into Mexico without passport?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cross border into Mexico without passport? Login/Join 
You didn't get penetration
even with the elephant gun.
Picture of cheeze
posted Hide Post
Nogales is and has been generally more lax than anything else when it comes to reentry. I’d say you’d be fine. Bring all your ids and birth certs that you have and enjoy your day.

DONT TREAD ON ME

Posts: 2246 | Location: AZ | Registered: January 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
GET a PASSPORT or stay in the US. period

Posts: 4020 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
If you decide to stay on the US side of Nogales, there are a couple of things to check out. The ghost town of Ruby and the Titan Missile Museum ( call first to see what days are open and if reservations are needed). Both are near there, there are some back roads that will take you through Madera Canyon and Patagonia too. A lot to see around that area without having to wander into Mexico.

Posts: 1298 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a client/friend who have family in Mexico. No longer do they drive to visit as 3 years ago the family took 3 old cars to Mexico & coming back they were stopped near the border by a cartel checkpoint. They had to pay $1500 per car to the men at the roadblock. If your physical features look Hispanic & you have US auto plates be careful. For safety my clients now only fly then rent autos when they visit. I do not know where they crossed but drove from Tennessee.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4271 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You need a passport or EDL driver's license or one of the global entry cards, there are several.

EDLs have a US flag in the lower right corner.

Only 5 states have them and they cost an extra $30.

Real IDs are not the same. They have a star in top right corner. They can be used for boarding a US commercial aircraft as ID and have no other travel rights at the moment.

Posts: 4743 | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
If you’re planning to go across in your vehicle make damn sure you have no guns or ammunition in it. I’d seriously try to avoid taking my vehicle across the border at all.

Your reason for going to Mexico doesn’t seem to be worth the risk.

Posts: 26919 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
Nope and you may need a valid Covid 19 test.

We did when we flew back from Cancun last February. Much to my surprise, it is NOT required for land crossings:

Q: Do U.S. citizens or lawful permanent residents need proof of vaccination to return to the United States via land POEs and ferry terminals?

A: No. Vaccination requirements do not apply to U.S. citizens, U.S. nationals, or Lawful Permanent Residents (LPRs). Travelers that exhibit signs or symptoms of illness will be referred to CDC for additional medical evaluation.

Q: Is pre- or at-arrival COVID testing required to enter the United States via land POEs or ferry terminals?

A: No, there is no COVID testing requirement to enter the United States via land POE or ferry terminals. In this respect, the requirement for entering by a land POE or ferry terminal differs from arrival via air, where there is a requirement to have a negative test result before departure.

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2021/...e-travelers-enter-us

Whether you enter Mexico or not, I think your boys would like this, just S of Tucson:

https://titanmissilemuseum.org/

Posts: 15909 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:

Go where you want do what you want. Don’t take advice from random folks on the internet. Live your best life and post lots of pictures for us.
This is the correct answer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2gIwHq_d3w

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig2392:

You need a passport or EDL driver's license or one of the global entry cards, there are several.

EDLs have a US flag in the lower right corner.

Only 5 states have them and they cost an extra $30.
The five states are Michigan, Minnesota, New York, Vermont, and Washington.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30694 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man of few words

Picture of remsig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by architect:
So, you don't want to be the only one in the family that caught the clap?

This helps answer my question how? Mad

quote:
Originally posted by mcrimm: If you're If you’re driving, pass through Tombstone. I think it will be the Earp Brothers Days. Then hit a little town called Tubac. Cute little town for SW art work. Nogales is just a few miles south of Tubac.

I already have Tombstone on my list and will check out Tubac, thank you for the tip.

quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK: These days, I cant imagine letting your children or your friend, take the risk of going to Mexico and expecting no issues coming back into the US without a passport. Perhaps its' legal to do so with just a Drivers License but why take the risk?

Well I guess that's why I posted the question, right? Thanks for helping answer my question. Roll Eyes

quote:
nhtagmember: Are your licenses RealID compliant?

Yes they are. I just dropped my (newly turned) 16 year old's info off for his passport yesterday. My 17 year old should be getting his passport any day now, but I don't expect it prior to us leaving.

quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader: In 2019 I went to Nuevo Progreso while in TX twice in the span of about 2 weeks. Both times I didn't have my passport with me and just showed my Montana DL
Thank you, this helps.

quote:
Originally posted by scratchy:GET a PASSPORT or stay in the US. period

Thank you for that most helpful response Roll Eyes If you took the time to read my post you would have read that I have a passport but my children's applications are routing currently. I simply posted a question to see if there was a possibility that my boys and my friend could cross without a passport.

quote:
Originally posted by rizzle: If you decide to stay on the US side of Nogales, there are a couple of things to check out. The ghost town of Ruby and the Titan Missile Museum ( call first to see what days are open and if reservations are needed). Both are near there, there are some back roads that will take you through Madera Canyon and Patagonia too. A lot to see around that area without having to wander into Mexico.
Thank you for the tip rizzle. I will do some research on these areas.

quote:
Origianlly posted by Anush: I have a client/friend who have family in Mexico. No longer do they drive to visit as 3 years ago the family took 3 old cars to Mexico & coming back they were stopped near the border by a cartel checkpoint. They had to pay $1500 per car to the men at the roadblock. If your physical features look Hispanic & you have US auto plates be careful. For safety my clients now only fly then rent autos when they visit. I do not know where they crossed but drove from Tennessee.
Thank you anush. I don't think we would drive, rather just walk, do some shopping, than walk back.

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel: If you’re planning to go across in your vehicle make damn sure you have no guns or ammunition in it. I’d seriously try to avoid taking my vehicle across the border at all.

Your reason for going to Mexico doesn’t seem to be worth the risk.

Thank you for the helpful info. I would most definitely not have my pistol with me if I planned on driving across. At this time, if we do go, I plan on walking, and without my pistol.

quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead: Go where you want do what you want. Don’t take advice from random folks on the internet. Live your best life and post lots of pictures for us.

Thank you, and I agree. I am enjoying the hell out of life and giving my boys, who are now 16 and 17, memories with their father that they can have for a lifetime.

quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC: Go where you want do what you want. Don’t take advice from random folks on the internet. Live your best life and post lots of pictures for us.

Thank you for the info.

I didn't come to SigForum for advice, rather I posed the question for anyone who had first-hand knowledge.

For those of you who helped answer my question, thank you. For those who felt the need to interject your opinion or make snide comments Mad Roll Eyes Eek

Posts: 7859 | Location: NE Ohio | Registered: July 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post