SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do I need to know about purchasing Luxury Vinyl Plank?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do I need to know about purchasing Luxury Vinyl Plank? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
A local Carpet One had Coretec brand which I am not that familiar with. Two we liked the pattern but one is 5mm rigid core and the other is 8mm softer core. The 5mm has a 25 year warranty and the 8mm has 35. Both have 20 mil wear layers. I think cost diff is about $2. This is in the kitchen.

Install is $3 sq ft if I let them do it.

Posts: 17889 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
We went with Home Depot’s Lifeproof LVP - could not be happier with the quality and ease of assembly!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12335 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Use underlayment!! I put down LVP in the kitchen and hallway directly overtop of the old sheet vinyl. In the dinning room in went down on top plywood. My dinning room feels hollow and echoey. No issues in the kitchen/hall.

Posts: 5418 | Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
A local Carpet One had Coretec brand which I am not that familiar with. Two we liked the pattern but one is 5mm rigid core and the other is 8mm softer core. The 5mm has a 25 year warranty and the 8mm has 35. Both have 20 mil wear layers. I think cost diff is about $2. This is in the kitchen.

Install is $3 sq ft if I let them do it.

We had or house in MI done in COREtec except the bathrooms. My wife picked the color she liked which naturally was the most expensive version, $10sqft. 9” wide planks with 4 different plank lengths so the butt joints don’t line up across the floor. There’s enough variation in graining that you have to search for the repeats

It seems really nice, but it’s way too early to tell about longevity. 10 year commercial warranty and 30 year residential.

I did a cork floating floor in our kitchen and family room in our house in Florida. It’s much nicer than tile to stand and walk on. It’s held up to spills and such for 15 years and three kids, but we didn’t have a dog when I put it in. The dog’s nails have done a number on the surface finish. It didn’t help that the kids chased the dog around the kitchen island. You can see where the dog had to dig into the turns. The cork itself is fine, just the shiny finish is messed up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: trapper189,

Posts: 10950 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post