SIGforum
Anyone watching the Geminid meteor shower?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7650048054

December 14, 2018, 12:13 AM
deepocean
Anyone watching the Geminid meteor shower?
A little while ago we saw one that lasted a long time. It glowed orange, and you could see flames and the outline of something between them. I've never seen one that big. Very cool.

https://www.deseretnews.com/ar...s-2018-december.html

The best time to see them is supposed to be tomorrow at 7:30 AM Eastern.
December 14, 2018, 03:24 AM
nhtagmember
was outside watching them a short while ago - some really brilliant slow moving ones

good show this year

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

December 14, 2018, 03:33 AM
KMitch200
quote:
was outside watching them a short while ago

The wife and I were also watching.

Saw A few here and there because in my back yard there is more tree visible than sky. *Might* try to get away from the house in the next night or so but I'm not losing sleep over it.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.
December 14, 2018, 09:47 AM
Southflorida-law
Missed it, i was out about 5:30am and didn't see anything. but it was not very clear. FAKE NEWS!
December 14, 2018, 09:49 AM
jhe888
Isn't tonight supposed to be the best night? I hope it is clear.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.
December 14, 2018, 10:16 AM
FN in MT
We have had cloudy, cold and windy here in N Central MT for almost a week now. Missed the comet earlier this week and the meteors last night.
December 14, 2018, 10:53 AM
apf383
Caught one 0600 today walking out to my truck. Great way to start the day! Ill finish it with a few beers later. Big Grin

Foster's, Australian for Bud

December 14, 2018, 11:58 AM
gearhounds
Alas, cloudy all last night and rain through Sunday here.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
December 14, 2018, 12:06 PM
VictimNoMore
Caught a handful here in the western part of the state last night about 10:30pm.
Very cool to see.
December 14, 2018, 12:48 PM
deepocean
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
was outside watching them a short while ago - some really brilliant slow moving ones

good show this year

One in particular sometime between about 10:45 and 11 PM mountain time went over our house from west to east. If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I would have thought it was fake. I could see orange flames all around something that looked to be a fairly large rock. It's impossible to judge the size, but it for sure was something of substance. Were you watching between 10:45 PM and 11 PM mountain time?
December 14, 2018, 02:36 PM
sgalczyn
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Alas, cloudy all last night and rain through Sunday here.

Unfortunately the same for eastern PA.

"No matter where you go - there you are"
December 14, 2018, 04:36 PM
nhtagmember
deepocean

I was outside between 115AM and 315AM - got too cold but it was severe clear. Clouded over today and I think tonight is going to be a washout

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC