SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New Class C RV
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Class C RV Login/Join 
posted
We were driving today and got a call from a friend of our son.

They were selling the Class C and asked if we were interested.

We stopped by. 2015 Thor Chateau with under 6K on the clock. Made an offer, they accepted.

Friend of ours used to work in the industry and will do and inspection in the next couple of day.

Posts: 7010 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Congratulations. There's lotsa adventures in your future.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9847 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks.

Got the insurance settlement from the meth heads burning our 5th wheel to the ground.

Picture of GASIGnut
posted Hide Post
Right on! The Thor setup has plenty of amenities. This is a great move to get your retirement off to a good start Cool

~ take advantage of today, & have no regrets
Carry On

Posts: 339 | Location: Apalachicola, FL | Registered: September 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a Thor. Have your friend pull the tail light assemblies and check for rot. Thor used some real cheep ass tail lights and the problem was with the gaskets. Also check for rot and delamination on the wing walls (where the house meets the chassis. Other problem areas are front cap to roof. That year used cheep clearance lights and they leaked. Since corrected in 2017 models now use led's.

Join the Thor owners forum for a ton of knowledge.

I'm a former owner of a 2015 and 2017 Thor class 'C'.

Happy Trails.

Awake not woke

Posts: 566 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Congrats U, what kind of a power plant does it have?

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19089 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Congrats U, what kind of a power plant does it have?

V10

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
It's a Thor. Have your friend pull the tail light assemblies and check for rot. Thor used some real cheep ass tail lights and the problem was with the gaskets. Also check for rot and delamination on the wing walls (where the house meets the chassis. Other problem areas are front cap to roof. That year used cheep clearance lights and they leaked. Since corrected in 2017 models now use led's.

Join the Thor owners forum for a ton of knowledge.

I'm a former owner of a 2015 and 2017 Thor class 'C'.

Happy Trails.

Appreciate the information.

posted Hide Post
Inspection is done.

No delams. All appliances, water heater, pump, etc all operate.

Inspector recommends: 1) self leveling system, 2) new shocks and sway bars, 3) replace running lights and brake lights with LED's.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
1. Not cheap, but worth the $$$.
2. $$
3. DIY $

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are having auto levelers installed by BigFoot.

New LED clearance and brake lights are being installed by our inspector.

No leaks were found but we are getting a new roof put on.

Now, we are looking for a TOAD. Found this, but the cost was way above our budget. https://www.restoreamusclecar....233/1976-ford-bronco

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It has 6,000 miles and the inspector thinks it needs new shocks and anti-roll bars? Did you drive it with him and have him show you why he believes that? I think you’ll be looking at $1,500 to $2,000 installed for shocks and anti-roll bars. Somewhere around $1,000 to $1,500 for parts.

Posts: 10792 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ulsterman, pm me. I may have something of interest to you.

Awake not woke

Posts: 566 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
It has 6,000 miles and the inspector thinks it needs new shocks and anti-roll bars? Did you drive it with him and have him show you why he believes that? I think you’ll be looking at $1,500 to $2,000 installed for shocks and anti-roll bars. Somewhere around $1,000 to $1,500 for parts.

It is on a E450 Ford. Original parts. From what I've researched, it has the same suspension components as a E150 van. We did take it for a ride. Lots of roll and semis moved it on the I.

Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
From what I’ve read, another thing to have checked is the caster. Adjustment is done by having offset bushings installed and you want to be close the the maximum end of the acceptable range.

Posts: 10792 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
ulsterman, pm me. I may have something of interest to you.

I'm on my phone. I will drop you a line tomorrow when we are home.