SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Second body found in home of Democratic megadonor Ed Buck in California
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Second body found in home of Democratic megadonor Ed Buck in California Login/Join 
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I'm thinking Ed is into some weird shit.

Well, he's a power broker in the Democrat party, so...

A bit of a slap and a tickle probably doesn't go very far for him.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by airsoft guy:

A bit of a slap and a tickle probably doesn't go very far for him.

uhhh.... you just had to go there, didn't ya?

Posts: 8625 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
I'm thinking Ed is into some weird shit.

And vice-versa.

Posts: 15033 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Chris Anchor
posted Hide Post
Well we all know what he likes. Wasn't much outrage till the protester showed up. Let's see what the "Ruling Party" allows to happen. Get your popcorn. Chris

Posts: 1832 | Location: Cecil Co. Maryland | Registered: January 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Democratic Donor Ed Buck Hit With 4 More Charges
Faces up to life in prison without parole

August 5, 2020 Updated: August 5, 2020

https://www.theepochtimes.com/..._stm_source=smartech

A federal grand jury returned an indictment against Ed Buck this week, charging him with four additional felonies, including that he allegedly enticed victims to travel interstate to engage in prostitution.

Buck, 65, was arrested last year after a third man overdosed at his home in California. Prosecutors said Buck injected the man, Timothy Dean, with methamphetamine three weeks in a row before the fatal overdose.

Buck was charged with operating a drug house, battery causing serious injury, and administering drugs. A grand jury later returned a five-count indictment charging him with two counts of providing meth resulting in death and three counts of distributing meth to men. Gemmel Moore, 26, was also allegedly enticed to travel to the Los Angeles area to engage in prostitution and died after being provided meth by Buck.

The four additional counts—two counts of enticing a man to travel with the intent of engaging in prostitution, one count of knowingly and intentionally distributing methamphetamine, and one count of using his residence for the purpose of distributing narcotics such as meth and sedatives like clonazepam—were part of a superseding indictment returned by a grand jury on Tuesday.

Ludlow B. Creary II, one of Buck’s lawyers, told The Epoch Times, “We maintain that our client is innocent of all charges.”

According to court filings, Buck allegedly solicited victims on social media platforms and utilized a recruiter to scout and proposition men.

Once the men were at his apartment, Buck allegedly used syringes containing meth that the men or Buck used to inject the victims, sometimes without their consent, authorities said. Buck allegedly sometimes injected victims while they were unconscious.

“I remain deeply concerned for the safety of people whose life circumstances may make them more vulnerable to criminal predators,” Los Angeles County District Attorney Jackie Lacey said in a statement last year when Buck was first charged.

Moore, who was found dead in July 2017, had written in his journal that Buck was “the one to thank” for his becoming addicted to drugs.

“He gave me my first injection of crystal meth, it was very painful, but after all the troubles, I became addicted,” he wrote in 2016. He later added, “If it didn’t hurt so bad, I’d kill myself, but I’ll let Ed Buck do it for now.”

Buck faces up to life in prison without parole. He’s scheduled to go on trial on Jan. 19, 2021.

Posts: 12696 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Mr Buck trembles in anticipation of incarceration for life with so many others of similar tastes...

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4359 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
It was COVID.
Fix your graph...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43902 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
But did he kill himself?

Posts: 21106 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
he and Andrew Gillum need to get together and party

they sound like soul brothers

-------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Third time was the charm

Posts: 2486 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Buck faces up to life in prison without parole. He’s scheduled to go on trial on Jan. 19, 2021

Cool, the day before Trump's second inauguration. It'll be a busy news week. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Two years to bring this guy to trial? Roll Eyes

Posts: 107624 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I can’t help but think that if this had been a conservative donor, this would be getting a lot of air time.

FIXED IT FOR YOU:

I can’t help but think that if this had been a conservative donor, HE would be getting a lot of JAIL TIME

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

Aggravating as all hell, but the right to a speedy trial only applies to the accused, not "The People." On a complicated case like this, there's a lot of preparation that needs to be done by the defense. If the judge denied them the ability to prepare, a conviction would likely be overturned on appeal and a costly retrial would be the result. Based on this issue alone, it's understandable why a judge would grant the defense request(s) for continuances, even if trials weren't being delayed due to COVID-19 issues.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10203 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Everybody has to have a hobby. Wink

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
quote:
a plastic straw

I can understand California turning a blind eye to the drugs and prostitution, but this? Now that’s a serious crime and menace to society.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8220 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many dead gerbils they found. Maybe ASPCA Could get something on him.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
According to a coroner's report, Buck's apartment was full of drug paraphernalia, including 24 syringes containing brown residue, five glass pipes with white residue and burn marks, a plastic straw with possible white residue, clear plastic bags with white powdery residue and a clear plastic bag containing a piece of crystal-like substance.
quote:
Exactly. Around here, he'd have been convicted in a year and a day.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
I'm more curious about the bodies that weren't found. Imagine being a trash guy on Ed Buck's block..."How many this week, Joe?"

Posts: 6485 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post