SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Android geniuses (genii?) a language question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Android geniuses (genii?) a language question Login/Join 
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted
I mostly have to switch English And Spanish language while using my Huawei Android Phone And the speller messes my typing in both languages all the time. It's a PITA.

Any way around This?

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
I mostly have to switch English And Spanish language while using my Huawei Android Phone And the speller messes my typing in both languages all the time. It's a PITA.

Any way around This?

0-0

Turn off the spelling correction.
Nicky, I couldn't resist. Big Grin Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
We'll Bob, it turns out the (spellchecker) option is OFF in both languages, as far as the Phone is concerned.

I Wonder where the dictionnaries are And if i Must mess with the Google keyboard as well.

There is where my Phone settings navigational skills are insufficient.

Good try thought. It got me searching for Checkers And Crap.
An idea, Even if not the right one, usually i can find it inspirational. Thank you.

0-0

Posts: 12107 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you dealing with predictive or auto correct? What happens if you turn on auto correct? https://www.bestusefultips.com...e-text-on-android-8/

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 0-0:
Must mess with the Google keyboard as well.

Nicky, I dumped Google keyboard in favor of SwiftKey keyboard a long time ago (free in the playstore). The predictive function isn't bad at all and is a lot better than any auto-correct. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of side_shot
posted Hide Post
another vote for SwiftKey keyboard

"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1759--

Special Edition - Reverse TT 229ST.Sig Logo'd CTC Grips., Bedair guide rod

Posts: 1245 | Location: New Hampshire "Live Free or Die"  | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
PS. I also use Swiftkey

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1365 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post

Yeah, I´m a spelling nazi! Both in English and Spanish. Can´t prevent it.

The spelling gets corrected AFTER I´m done typing. So, most times when I look at what I´ve just posted, I want to kill my phone for twisting my words.

Will look into the alternate keyboard.

0-0