SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How much do you pay for DSL + Long Distance
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How much do you pay for DSL + Long Distance Login/Join 
Picture of Hobbs
posted
Carrier: Century Link
10Mbps DSL + Unlimited Long Distance: $98.82 (package, fees, taxes included)

I've had the service for several years now. Service has been good. I live in town so am close to the home office.

Online speed tests are always near 10Mbps. I'm actually provisioned for just over 11Mbps, so it works out.

My bill just went up $5 this month to $98 ... with no explanation or advanced notification and got me to wondering what others are paying.

Thank you

Posts: 4830 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pay AT&T $227 a month after taxes for:

- 3 smartphones sharing 10 GB with unlimited talk/text ~ $127
- 1 WiFi hotspot for traveling with unlimited data ~ $25
- Fiber internet to home 1000/1000 Mbps ~ $75

Posts: 1809 | Location: Austin TX | Registered: October 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I was just looking for DSL + Long Distance. Probably few are set up like that I guess.

I cut the cable long ago. I don't have TV or cell or anything else included. So, $98 isn't hard to bear at all. Pretty much insignificant as far as monthly finances. Was just wondering.

Posts: 4830 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You may want to call them and see if you have a better option.
I have them and was paying right at $100 for Internet and phone with voice mail etc...
Then my corporate started requiring a higher speed connection. So I call Century Link to explore options about a month ago. They bumped my speed way up and cut my bill to $70.
I have their fiber optic if that matters.

Posts: 2056 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
I don't have century link but they're available for much better pricing than that here, I've got cox 300 mb/s for $90

Posts: 8178 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Thanks guys! Think I'll give them a call and check around. Not a lot of options around here though. Just phone line or cable. Fiber isn't run to the neighborhood and I'd be surprised if they did run it in this small town.

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I'm using Cox Cable for internet. I'm paying $60 for 100mbps.

For long distance, I use my cell phone. 4 lines for $99, unlimited use. T-Mobile old grandfathered plan.

$40 dollar savings per month may be insignificant on its own, but that's how budgets get out of control...small expenses that add up.

Posts: 13063 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We're paying $85/mo. for 50/10, business class, one static IP. (I run my own services [email, etc.] on it.)

We're paying about $20/mo. for VoIP service: Two phone numbers, unlimited incoming, 1000 minutes outgoing to the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, cheap LD rates elsewhere. Unlimited call treatments (g'bye, spammers and scammers) and a host of other features (e.g.: Voicemail, auto-attendant, etc.).

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I pay about $280 to Comcast for phone (unlimited LD), internet (125mbps) and cable. Cable is the biggest part of the bill because they charge for each HD box separately and because we have several of the premium channels.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I have CenturyLink VDSL2 internet service at the hangar. $45 / month plus about ten bucks in taxes and junk fees for 25 MB internet speed. I think there's phone service included in that fee, but I'm not sure, since I'm not interested in telephone because hearing aids.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

~$50/month for CenturyLink VDSL (40/5). Long distance is free on our cell phones, so we have no landline.

Posts: 10876 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Carrier: Century Link
10Mbps DSL + Unlimited Long Distance: $98.82 (package, fees, taxes included)

Called Century Link:

The current plan I have is the simplest plan and lowest price available in my area. I received no offer of decrease or negotiation.

Mentioned I could get up to 6X (60Mbps) Internet speed and voice with Spectrum (only cable here) for $30-40 less each month.

Her rebuttal:

Yes, I could get significant savings during the introductory year with Spectrum. After the first year my charges would double in price.

Furthermore, the Spectrum promise of up to 60Mpbs is likely not to be anywhere near achieved in an individual home, as the 60Mbps is area shared. She didn't know how wide that area might be but suggested that it would be neighborhood shared ... at least a city block or so. I live in town but have no idea of course what my speed might be on a shared data access with Spectrum. I have not discussed this Century Link conjecture with Spectrum ... yet