Tire Air Pressure Gauge

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7640014824

August 06, 2017, 09:53 AM
OKCGene
Tire Air Pressure Gauge
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
A few years back Meiser started up their line of M-series gauges for me. But they ran afoul with their dial supplier, and after a couple years, production stopped.

One guy in Michigan, a Ford engineer, snapped up my last six straight chuck - no hose models I had Christmas 2015, I think it was. And there were no more shipments from Meiser after that.

They have a "new" Assembled in USA Accugauge with US, Swiss, and Polish parts, but I've yet to see it. Despite being promised a sample on several occasions.

They also have a large Made in USA gauge, but it is priced pretty high.

Rummaging around in my garage I've found a couple of vintage Meisser AccuGauges. I've no idea how to tell if they're still working accurately. Are they repairable-recalibratable?
August 06, 2017, 10:44 AM
Woodman
Guaranteed for life if they are not. Specify "rebuild, do not replace" if you want the old ones.

Our local Wawa chain has free air with a digital pump. It seems to be two pounds off, but I'm not sure.

When a gauge becomes "off", at least for me, it happened all of the sudden, and was 10# off on a 32# tire. That's what started the whole Meiser thing with me.

So check it with a known source, like at a tire shop, and if it seems whacked out, send it in to Meiser.

To redeem your Accu-Gage Lifetime Warranty, send gauge along with $3.00 to cover return shipping to:

G.H. Meiser & Co.
Attn: Repairs
18770 88th Ave Suite B
Mokena, IL 60448

For warranty inquiries contact us at 815-534-5578, or info@ghmeiser.com

August 07, 2017, 11:56 AM
ShouldBFishin
quote:
Originally posted by Woodman:
A few years back Meiser started up their line of M-series gauges for me. But they ran afoul with their dial supplier, and after a couple years, production stopped.

One guy in Michigan, a Ford engineer, snapped up my last six straight chuck - no hose models I had Christmas 2015, I think it was. And there were no more shipments from Meiser after that.

They have a "new" Assembled in USA Accugauge with US, Swiss, and Polish parts, but I've yet to see it. Despite being promised a sample on several occasions.

They also have a large Made in USA gauge, but it is priced pretty high.

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a few from you when you had them...

If you get the "new" assembled in the USA and they meet your expectations, please let us know.
August 07, 2017, 12:07 PM
roberth
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
i use the Accu-tire gauge.

quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:

BTW, I'll confess for the greater good...got a new set of tires today. Asked them to check my spare. It was dead flat. Check yours soon.

When I rotate my tires, I rotate all five so the "spare" gets rotated in regularly. Of course, that also means that when I get a new set of tires I need to buy five.

Do you run radials? If so, do you carry two spares, one for each side? Curious...

Huh? My tires aren't directional. I use the "G" pattern below.

I use the "G" pattern too, works great on my trucks.

August 07, 2017, 12:24 PM
Woodman
quote:
Originally posted by ShouldBFishin:

I'm still kicking myself for not buying a few from you when you had them...

You and me both. When I found out there'd be no more shipped, I bought out the max, 20-some, limited to Meiser's dial inventory. I kept one no-hose straight chuck version with a rubber gauge guard. Keep it in my truck. A real snappy reading it gives me. Wish I had bought 200 of them. Without the rubber guard, it is a perfect back pocket fit, easy to slide in a jeans pocket if you're doing lots of tires.

For all the work, inventory, payments, depositing checks, queries, I made about $5 per gauge. With the occasional returns to manufacturer and a few samples, it was nearly a break-even venture.

One of their newest USA-made products was sent out but the price would be close to $100 and it is rather large. There were production issues, so I sent it back.

I work with one of the owners, a 3rd generation gauge man. When the time is right, he'll let me know what is available. In the mean time, I bother him a couple times a year with questions. Wink

And make sure any buyers know the warranty information.