SIGforum
Lower leg Ablation

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7630063225

September 29, 2026, 11:33 AM
gjgalligan
Lower leg Ablation
I'm going to have it done.
What can I expect?
Doc says some people return to work same day, I wondering about driving mainly and riding the mower type stuff.


Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
September 29, 2026, 12:44 PM
YooperSigs
Possibly of no help to you but my Doc wanted to do a heart related ablation. I researched it and learned that the procedure often has to be done multiple time before its effective. I passed on having it done and opted for medication.


End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
September 29, 2026, 01:27 PM
HRK
Had a heart ablation done in May, fixed the Afib that came up in 2025 during a colonoscopy and it fixed the Afib issue.

In at 6AM to Prep, done by 9, about an hour once it started to finish. Home the same day...
September 29, 2026, 01:34 PM
Marlin Fan
I hope it works well for you.
September 29, 2026, 02:06 PM
preten2b
I had it done nearly 8 years ago and it went very well. You'll be expected to take care of four or six ?? incisions on your leg. There are no nerve endings where they baconize the vein so you will not feel pain from that. I had one of the three major veins removed and if yours is similar just remember you only have two left so stay healthy, lol.


------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis
September 29, 2026, 03:22 PM
229DAK
quote:
fixed the Afib that came up in 2025 during a colonoscopy
That scope must have been waaay up there! Big Grin


_________________________________________________________________________
“A man’s treatment of a dog is no indication of the man’s nature, but his treatment of a cat is. It is the crucial test. None but the humane treat a cat well.”
-- Mark Twain, 1902
September 29, 2026, 05:27 PM
1s1k
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
quote:
fixed the Afib that came up in 2025 during a colonoscopy
That scope must have been waaay up there! Big Grin
HAHA. I was wondering.
September 29, 2026, 11:55 PM
Scooter123
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
I'm going to have it done.
What can I expect?
Doc says some people return to work same day, I wondering about driving mainly and riding the mower type stuff.


I would suggest a Walk Behind mower. Because, Gee Whiz, Walking is actually good for the legs.


I've stopped counting.
September 30, 2026, 06:27 AM
gjgalligan
Back issues won't tolerate that much walking without a LOT of breaks.


Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
September 30, 2026, 08:16 AM
Scooter123
quote:
Originally posted by gjgalligan:
Back issues won't tolerate that much walking without a LOT of breaks.


I have a friend who had back issues for 10-15 years and totally resisted getting corrective surgery because he wouldn't be able to play golf for 6 months. Now his back cannot be repaired and he is in pain every single day. He also can't play golf.

If you have an option for your back issues this is simply a suggestion that you look into what can be done to help. Because if we wait too long those options won't be available because of the risk of being too old to heal. Yeah I am getting to the age where this can be a concern.


I've stopped counting.
September 30, 2026, 09:38 AM
Mr.Brooks
Heart ablation and leg ablation are two different animals. Leg ablation is to reduce swelling in the calves (at least for me). I was told they would use a "super glue" in several spots in my vein that will help prevent blood from going down the veins in between heartbeats, and less swelling of the calf. They also treat varicose veins. My discomfort was minimal, the Lidocaine was the worst of it. Don't remember the post op instructions but they were pretty easy

Heart ablation they cauterize portions of your heart that are inflamed and causing A fib. Whether one treatment or multiple treatments are done depends on how big an area needs treated. I have been told that some procedures they freeze the tissue, but I'm an amateur Doctor so don't listen to me. My Cardio Doctor said skip the ablation and go to a pacemaker which was done about six weeks ago.