SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Picture of the USS Hornet Departing San Francisco Bay, 1942
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Picture of the USS Hornet Departing San Francisco Bay, 1942 Login/Join 
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
They trained here where I live. I went to high school with one of the raiders daughters, although I didn’t know the connection at the time.
A lot of the movie was filmed here as well. In fact the clip in an above post about the takeoff practice was on the field where my father taught me to drive.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BOATTRASH1:
They trained here where I live. I went to high school with one of the raiders daughters, although I didn’t know the connection at the time.
A lot of the movie was filmed here as well. In fact the clip in an above post about the takeoff practice was on the field where my father taught me to drive.

Was it one of these abandoned fields?

http://www.airfields-freeman.c...rfields_FL_Eglin.htm

Posts: 15908 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Well, I was incorrect on the Doolittle Raiders training at 4 it seem. But some of the movie was filmed at Field 4 and that is definitely where I learned to drive in 1970. There were no scrap aircraft there at that time.
Field 4 is out towards the Ranger camp just a little ways and off to the right. Not far off Lewis Turner Blvd if you are familiar with Eglin.

Posts: 1224 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post