SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hockey Fans, new hardest shot...by an AHLer.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hockey Fans, new hardest shot...by an AHLer. Login/Join 
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted
https://mobile.twitter.com/The...1857360%2Fframe.html

Frk Yeah!! "Holy Handzus!" "Who's Shea Weber anyway?"
Ontario Reign player Martin Frk just blasted an amazing 109.2 mph slapshot, breaking the professional hockey record for hardest shot set by NHLer Zdeno Chara in 2012 at 108.8 mph. Frking crazy!! Cool to do it in front of the hometown fans, too.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2545 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Very cool. Even in slomo, I couldn't see that shot until I saw it hit the net. Eek

Posts: 6567 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Surprising that with the assist of loading a carbon fiber stick, they only get 4 more MPH than an MLB pitch.

"The fastest baseball pitch is 105.1 mph (169.14 km/h) and was thrown by Aroldis Chapman (Cuba) for the Cincinnati Reds in a game against the San Diego Padres, at PETCO Park, San Diego, California, USA, on 24 September 2010."

Posts: 7631 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
Hell yeah!

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9415 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Who is more amazing, the guy who makes the shot or the one who tries to get in front of it?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38203 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Jeezus! That'll put a hole right through yuh!! Eek Not that 108.8 wouldn't either...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Vert der Frk?

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5524 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Surprising that with the assist of loading a carbon fiber stick, they only get 4 more MPH than an MLB pitch.

"The fastest baseball pitch is 105.1 mph (169.14 km/h) and was thrown by Aroldis Chapman (Cuba) for the Cincinnati Reds in a game against the San Diego Padres, at PETCO Park, San Diego, California, USA, on 24 September 2010."

This was my first thought as well. Throwing a hard ball over 100 mph 60 feet with no equipment seems to be a lot more impressive to me.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Wheel snipe celly boys!

Posts: 10851 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ryanp225:
Wheel snipe celly boys!

Ferda!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3574 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
The hardest shot that still impresses me the most was Al Iafrate 105.2 with a wooden stick.

Can you imagine what he would do with a composite stick.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
Ya itd be interesting to see some of those older heavy shooter woth new tech. 105 with wood is really awesome. Usually guys dont even hit that with new stuff.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, was just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2545 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
The hardest shot that still impresses me the most was Al Iafrate 105.2 with a wooden stick.
It used to be Al Macinnis with the hardest shot every year until Iafrate came along. Al Macinnis was out on the ice this year hitting 98mph in warm ups with a wooden stick. Keep in mind he hasn't played in years and he is 56 years old, quite impressive.

Posts: 4000 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
Lloyd Percival conducted the first large-scale on-ice study of NHL players' skills and strength in the early 1960s.

Among other tests was, obviously, the fastest shot. Bobby Hull, not surprisingly, finished first with 118 mph. Now this was over 50 years ago with photocell technology, but probably accurate within plus or minus five percent. At worst, Hull's shot would still measure 115 mph.

Still, this guy's shot is VERY impressive, and even in goalie equipment I would never want to stand in front of it.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post