SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Massachusetts your soon to be next Sanctuary State
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Massachusetts your soon to be next Sanctuary State Login/Join 
Picture of spunk639
posted

Posts: 2837 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Families are being torn apart? Guess what? I don't care. Children who became US citizens because they were "Anchor Babies" should be deported along with their parents--when the kids become 18 (voting age) they can come back as US citizens; until then they should be wards of their parents.

(Actually, I'd prefer to see "birthright citizenship--"Anchor Babies"--eliminated but that will require either a significant re-interpretation of the 14th Amendment (which I think is overdue) or another Amendment to turn off that provision, and I don't see either one happening any time soon. And no way to make it retroactive, either.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Trump can't build the Mexican wall, maybe he'll build me one to keep southern New England out of northern New England.

Posts: 2222 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
Families are being torn apart? Guess what? I don't care. Children who became US citizens because they were "Anchor Babies" should be deported along with their parents--when the kids become 18 (voting age) they can come back as US citizens; until then they should be wards of their parents.

(Actually, I'd prefer to see "birthright citizenship--"Anchor Babies"--eliminated but that will require either a significant re-interpretation of the 14th Amendment (which I think is overdue) or another Amendment to turn off that provision, and I don't see either one happening any time soon. And no way to make it retroactive, either.)

flashguy

No separation, GTFO with Paps and Mammi, host la Vista!

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8676 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIGforum Official
Eye Doc
Picture of bcereuss
posted Hide Post
From the Article: "BOSTON — Immigrant rights groups want Massachusetts to declare itself a “sanctuary state” by prohibiting local police from detaining immigrants suspected of living in the United States illegally, saying it sows distrust and sweeps up law-abiding people."

Umm...no

Posts: 3005 | Location: (Occupied) Northern Minnesota | Registered: June 24, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shouldn't the Government Obey its own the Laws? It's a great thought since it would cover so many different issues not just immigration.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeNH:
If Trump can't build the Mexican wall, maybe he'll build me one to keep southern New England out of northern New England.

THIS!

Posts: 724 | Location: Maine | Registered: October 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post