SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Laundry water valve leaking - how to fix?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Laundry water valve leaking - how to fix? Login/Join 
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
I'd do nothing. Let it dry and forget it.

My roof leaks about 4x a year, when the winds are just right. Gave up on fixing the ceiling. It drys out every time and mold has not overcome my house.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of valkyrie1
posted Hide Post
Not all braided hoses are created equal, check the connection sides are not plastic but brass, had one leak on me at the connection.

Posts: 2299 | Location: Florida | Registered: March 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I talked to a friend who has built several houses and has gone through several water issues. He advised just letting it dry as well. If any mold develops, then do something then. But he felt that given the minimal amount of water and duration, the moisture would just dry out, even w/ the insulation for the exterior wall.

Despite that, I engaged a drywall contractor to come out to do repairs. I was torn - mostly I felt, based on my friend's advice and advice above, that costly repairs are unnecessary at this point. But I'm overly paranoid as well.

Contractor came out, took some measurements, inspected briefly, discussed what we had been doing and suggested that we just continue waiting. Give it a chance to dry out. Just call him back if mold does appear. He thinks it will be fine.

We had agreed upon a scope of work with a hefty price (based on 2 trips with a minimum charge for each trip). Basically double what I think it really would cost (think 4 digits). But he advised to wait and that repairs are likely not necessary; could always fix if issues do come up.

Professional integrity - uncommon and surprising these days.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12679 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post