October 31, 2017, 12:50 PM
Chris17404EDC pen
Hi all,
I'd like to find a pen to carry around with me daily, along with my other items. My preferred criteria include:
1. Compact size - 3.5" to max 4" length
2. Fine tip/regular ball point at one end for normal writing.
3. A larger permanent black tip on the other to heavy duty uses.
4. Lightweight and strong.
Any recommendations?
Chris
October 31, 2017, 01:26 PM
AeteoclesSorry, haven't seen anything that meets all of those criteria.
Here's a Sharpie Twin Tip pen with an ultra fine point on one end and a felt tip fine point on the other. Both are permanent ink, and is plenty strong enough to use as a striking implement on soft tissue. Does not meet your compactness requirement. I keep one similar to this in my Get Home bag, as well as a fluorescent window marker.
https://www.amazon.com/Sharpie...2101PP/dp/B000XANH9SHere is a Fisher Bullet Space pen. It is ball point, sturdy, and compact. Does not have a felt tip marker. I have one, but have not found occasion to carry it. I thought I would carry it when I travel, but I always seem to have plenty of room for a regular pen.
https://www.amazon.com/Fisher-...rds=fisher+space+penLastly, this is the Zebra F-701. It is a ball point pen. It it solid machined stainless, and sturdy enough to use as a striking implement. It is the EDC choice for many, including myself. Deep pocket clip makes it pretty easy to ride on your pant pocket.
https://www.amazon.com/Zebra-B...ds=Zebra+F-701&psc=1October 31, 2017, 01:46 PM
FiveFiveSixFanThe
Lamy Pico pen is a great EDC but it doesn't have the two different points.
October 31, 2017, 02:35 PM
AglifterSo, to ignore almost all your criteria, my daily carry is either a Pilot Banishing point or a lamb safari
BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active.
October 31, 2017, 02:48 PM
Skins2881 Fisher Space PenChecks all boxes.
quote:
With it's sealed pressurized ink cartridge the Space Pen will work in the freezing cold the boiling heat the gravity-free vacuum of Space. It is used on all manned Space Flights- American and Russian. Style: Cap OffOpen Length: 5.5"Closed Length: 3.75"Black Ink Medium PointRefillable Ink
Oops missed the marker part, above is pen only.
Jesse
Sic Semper Tyrannis October 31, 2017, 02:48 PM
YooperSigsTwo points? No suggestions.
Otherwise:
Zebra F-701
Lamy Safari
Fisher Military.
End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles
October 31, 2017, 02:58 PM
kz1000I'm old school.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"
"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris
October 31, 2017, 04:33 PM
AeteoclesFlying with a fountain pen can be messy.
October 31, 2017, 04:36 PM
ScorpionBoycan't help with the felt tip pen requirement, but look at rotrings.
October 31, 2017, 07:01 PM
casConfused by the double ended pen.
About two years ago I asked about a pen to carry all day without worry of it leaking or breaking.
One of the recommendations was a Rite in the rain pen.
I bought it, and one of their leather note book covers and it's been in my back pocket every day, all day for close to two years. That's a lot of sitting on.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
_____________________________________________________
Sliced bread, the greatest thing since the 1911.