SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Old Brother sewing machine help
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Old Brother sewing machine help Login/Join 
posted
My wife purchased an old industrial Brother DB2-758-C sewing machine and I can't for the life of me find a manual for it. My Google search has found a place that sells copies for $10, but I don't know that I trust it. Does anyone know of a reliable source I can purchase one at? Brother support doesn't list any older models on their web page. Thanks in advance.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The success of a solution usually depends upon your point of view
posted Hide Post
You may have better luck if you contact Brother direct and see if they have an archive. They may not put everything on the website.

“We truly live in a wondrous age of stupid.” - 83v45magna

"I think it's important that people understand free speech doesn't mean free from consequences societally or politically or culturally."
-Pranjit Kalita, founder and CIO of Birkoa Capital Management

Posts: 3853 | Location: Jacksonville, FL | Registered: September 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Or, maybe, hunt up a repair shop and see if they'll let you photocopy theirs.

A longer shot, but I have seen racks of old manuals in antique bookstores.

Posts: 6488 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Google

https://www.supsew.com/downloa...other%20DB2-B758.pdf

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the advice. I'll try talking to Brother first.

I have the parts manual, but I'm looking for the instruction manual. Thank you though.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That Brother is an industrial machine that's a copy of the Singer 251
All of these drop feed side bobbin machines are pretty much all alike.

(I sew and do automobile upholstery as a hobby sometimes.)

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
posted Hide Post

Posts: 39762 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow!! Nice work!

Thanks for the information that they are mostly the same. Maybe today after work I will be able to do some investigating.

Shaman
posted Hide Post
I’d strongly recommend that you replace the clutch motor with a servo motor and put a small pulley on the motor to slow it down.
These machines are FAST.
I did all of mine.

posted Hide Post
She's pretty good with sewing as she's done quite a bit previously. She also warned me that if I use it to make sure I keep my fingers out of the way as it will suck them in.

What are the advantages of the servo verses the clutch?

Shaman
posted Hide Post
Control.
The clutch is one speed and you have to feather it to run slowly. It’s a learned skill.
The servo is further you press it the faster it runs.
I can pop one stitch at a time with my servos.
I’ll take a video tonight on how it works.