SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found on my truck
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found on my truck Login/Join 
Picture of aileron
posted
Look what I found on my truck this morning!

I was so excited I just missed getting the NRA sticker in frame. I think this is a juvenile bald eagle, but we have golden eagles here too. Any experts?

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Looks like a fledgling Bald Eagle. Sub adults would start showing some white. This is about the time for BEs to be starting their "escape " from their hatch nest. At about 5 years old, they will be looking for a life long mate.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
Looks like you would have to ask permission before opening the door. Smile

Posts: 1296 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
A very handsome visitor! Feel honored.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Very nice!

FWIW, I saw a mature Golden alongside 28 out by Niarada eating a roadkill a couple of years ago. I could not believe how big it was. It stood at least 3 feet tall. The ravens and magpies were keep a good distance from the carcass until he was finished.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Your truck?

I think it's HIS perch for the time being! Big Grin

I saw an adult Bald Eagle once, WOW it was large and an impressive creature.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
I think what you meant to say was HIS truck.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Gambit
posted Hide Post
Your dream quest is complete.

Posts: 915 | Location: Acadiana | Registered: February 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
"Lake County, the Eagle has landed."

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen some mature Bald Eagles in Mo from a distance. But here in Florida in the neighbors tree and at the local pond - up close they are spectacular. Scratches on the truck from such a majestic bird. That's okay.

Posts: 1754 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: August 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
The Goldens are spectacular when seen up close. Their size is always surprising. Just saw a pair eating something maybe 50 yds off the road near Craig a few days ago.

THAT is a great photo.

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He's watching you're six

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One of Para's guys.
You don't owe Para any money, do you? Big Grin

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8347 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You probably better let him drop a bomb where he wants to.

Absolutely beautiful.

Posts: 3921 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
War Eagle!

P.S. That roofing is awesome!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
War Eagle!

P.S. That roofing is awesome!

Thanks for noticing - CertainTeed Presidential TL; 480# per square!

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
In 1988 a friend wanted to go to Moab for the Jeep Safari with me. He'd never been west of Indianapolis, kind of a backward boy. The trip west went well. At least until we crossed into Utah from Colorado. We took the Cisco exit and headed down toward 128. A nice scenic road that made a lot of turns for desert.

So around a bend we came, probably at 50 MPH and there beside the road was an eagle, eating lunch on a prarie dog, squished by an earlier car. I came around the little hill and there was the Jet Aircraft. He decided to fly, something worth watching. He jumped with his legs, spread his wings and began to pump. As we went under him, his wingspan was easily the width of the traffic lane. My friends only exclamation was "Gol!" Guess he'd never been at the end of a runway when a 747 went over. He had after that.

Those things aren't just big, they're huge.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I see a new avatar.

Posts: 9514 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
That was your truck. It's his now.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
Trucks, home ownership and eagles. 'murica!

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post