SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    28 Days no Copenhagen
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

28 Days no Copenhagen Login/Join 
posted
It's been easier than i thought it would be. Hardest time is when i'm at work and it's slow. Same thing at home. I gotta find shit to do to forget about it. So far so good. I remember reading copefree's post probably 4-5 years ago and said to my self that would be hard to do. I had one dip left at work and said no more. So far it's been no more. Nicotine is a bitch.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Blue Dog,

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry, I was hoping to hear about your plans for a slightly truncated tour of Scandinavia.

Posts: 18068 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
It is. I quit smoking in 2009 on Chantix, but I kept chewing the gum. All in all, it took me about 1.5 years to get away from nicotine. In my normal day now, I do not think of it at all. Good luck!

ETA: A Copenhagen tour sounds cool just now

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Fantastic! Excellent work. Yep, I hit 5 years this past April — life without Copenhagen is so much better.

It only gets easier, but remember — ODAAT! One. Day. At. A. Time. Earlier in the quit it may be one minute … or hour … at a time.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Copefree:
Fantastic! Excellent work. Yep, I hit 5 years this past April — life without Copenhagen is so much better.

It only gets easier, but remember — ODAAT! One. Day. At. A. Time. Earlier in the quit it may be one minute … or hour … at a time.

Thanks man. It's going to be good

Posts: 1570 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: August 17, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Let us know when you find your taste buds have been rejuvenated and you're enjoying food and drink much much more

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16219 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was expecting to read about visiting Jutland and other parts of Denmark but um...yeah tobacco. Smile

Posts: 14653 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicotine is indeed an evil bitch. Coming up on 5 years off the smokes for me. Keep with it, it gets easier. And good for you.

Posts: 951 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Coming up on 20 years. First open heart 2003 10 days hospital to get o2 level up. 2nd open heart last September back in the ER tonight with chest pain

Posts: 547 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
23 years no nicotine here. I won’t ever say it’s easy. But I’m a weak willed m’fer when it comes to stopping addictions and I did it.
I’m watching an old friend struggle through it after being diagnosed with early stage emphysema.
He was chainsmoking for years, and he’s six months clean now.
You can do it!

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have smoked , chewed,dipped and quit them all. Just turned 70 a good Cigar and a drink would be good.......congrats on quitting the worm dirt!

Posts: 449 | Location: Oklahoma | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Just remember you can never, ever have just one for old times sake. Ever.

Posts: 17887 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
This is going to work out good for you...and you will save a fortune.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I've always been Crazy!
kept me from goin Insane!
posted Hide Post
I quit cigarettes in 2010 after many attempts the previous decade. Nothing worked gum, patch etc cold turkey and sheer force of will finally did it. I still have an occasional cigar but no longer have that "craving". Still, occasionally I'll see someone on film in a harrowing position lit up and I can taste it want it but in a flash it's gone. Perfect example was Yellowstone when Beth lit up after getting blown up, LOL.

Edited to add: As OZ said you can NEVER have just one, that's how I failed so many times. I had to quit going to bars where smoking was allowed. The first smoke puff from a fresh cigarette still affects me but 2nd just smells like an ashtray.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.' That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.
Author unknown

Posts: 2180 | Location: Lyndon,KS | Registered: November 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Get your teeth cleaned. Just one more thing to make it harder to put tobacco back in your mouth. Helped me.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
buddy next door dipped since he was a kid into his 40's developed cancer of the mouth, lucky they caught it, good for your, it's not just the nicotine you're getting free from...

Posts: 23454 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
I’m sorry, I was hoping to hear about your plans for a slightly truncated tour of Scandinavia.

That was what I was expecting before entering the thread.

Having visited Copenhagen a few years ago I suppose when I see the word Copenhagen my first thought is the location. Big Grin

On a more serious note good job giving it up Blue Dog!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Good for you Blue Dog, keep at it and keep winning against it. You dont need it and it wants to kill you!

Great choice to quit.

Posts: 3502 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
One can't sit on a horse and pretend to be a cowboy without a pinch between his cheek and gum. Everyone knows that. I chewed for about 10 years and quitting chew was waaaay harder than quitting Camel unfiltered. I quit smoking on Dec 24, 1973 while coming off the ship after a WestPac tour. I never had another smoke.

I quit chewing about June 1997. It was a long process but achievable. I never told my wife that I had quit and she thought I was going crazy. I leaked it to a golf buddy who told my wife. She said that that explained a lot about my change in personality. I don't remember how long I was 'cranky', but I got over it and never looked back.

Just quit and do the same.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Did the worm dirt(pouches) for at least 20 yrs.... Due to a major flood event (Aug 2016) in our area my supply of my worm dirt of choice was washed down stream and could not be found.... So forced into quiting cold turkey... Even to this day every once in a while the urge hits to go back but have been able to not fall back into that vice. ........................ drill sgt.

Posts: 2007 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post