SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Whoa! Quake just rattled my windows pretty good
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Whoa! Quake just rattled my windows pretty good Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
Magnitude 4.5 in Temecula CA. 6:16 PM PDT.

ETA: I’m about ten miles north of downtown San Diego, half a mile east of I-5.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Pipe Smoker,

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Itchy was taken
Picture of scratchy
posted Hide Post
My son in Ramona described it as "Loud"

Posts: 4019 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

The USGS asks for people to report shaking following each quake. For this one, here is the link if you would like to add to their studies:
www.Earthquake.USGS.gov/earthquakes/eventpage/ci39508378/executive
Click on the "Felt Report" in the upper right corner of the website.

I'm near San Diego State University, I heard the rumble more than anything was shaking.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Didn’t feel anything in Scripps Ranch.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
Was a very good jolt here in Rancho Bernardo.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nothing here,
In Davenport , Iowa.

By California standards
Four points five is just a reminder about where you are located.

The earth is telling you ,
That
There are other options you may want to consider.

After experiencing the Northridge quake,
We chose option B.

You can see tornados coming.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^
OTOH – After thirty years in San Diego I’ve never experienced a hurricane or tornado. Hurricanes were a frequent threat while I lived in Boca Raton FL. And tornados while I lived in the Twin Cities, MN.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8958 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
quote:
And tornados while I lived in the Twin Cities, MN.

Yup. Our first of two winters there, I thought it was clear sailing after winter went away. Then came the tornado watches and warnings, so we had to go to the basement.

Camping with the kids was misery between the humidity, rain and mosquitoes in the summer.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
You can see tornados coming.

In the daylight....................

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
Another 4.5 just hit about 10 minutes ago. Central Coast area. I felt a firm shaking here on the SF Peninsula.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16355 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post