SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NHL Expansion Draft - Who are you worried about?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NHL Expansion Draft - Who are you worried about? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted
Caps fan here.

Worried about Nate Schmidt. I like the kid and think he's potentially first line talent in the future. Got a soft spot for defense men that can shoot. Mike Green-esque. Philipp Grubauer also worries me, not because we need him, we have a Vezina Trophy winner who until this year had the best all time save percentage in NHL playoff history (second still ain't bad). He's a potential huge trading chip and it feels nice having one of the best backups in the NHL. It'd be a prayer answered if they took Shittykirk, he was good for the Blues, not so much for us. Taking a UFA, or RFA counts as a pick.

I'm rooting for GM-GM (GM George McPhee), I hope LV does great, if your a SIGforum member George, please take Orpik or Shattenkirk, please, pretty please.

So who's got you sweating?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
I hope the B's don't lose Colin Miller. He has a lot of upside. I would prefer they take Spooner. Or more ideally Belesky or Hayes but that ain't gonna happen.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2430 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I wish the Wings would just blow the whole thing up and start over.

I'm glad they exposed kronwall. Even though Vegas is not going to take him, it shows their attitude is changing. I wish they hadn't exposed Glendening. He has a ton of heart, grit, and is just a great fourth line guy.

Goalies, we're protecting our old has-been in Jimmy Howard, but I'm actually really hoping Vegas takes ou the guy who was supposed to be our goalie of the future, Petr Mrazek. He's too arrogant, not good for the team, and not as good of a player as we thought.

Anyway, I'm about as happy as I can be knowing my team has faded into Oblivion.

Posts: 1172 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
So who's got you sweating?

Not as worried about the draft as the salary cap. Really want to keep Oshie.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
TJ Oshie

Posts: 13861 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wild Fan here - I'm worried about Staal - Fletcher (our GM) 'paid' protection (in the form of a prospect) for an agreement from LV that they wouldn't go after Dumba.

Sounds like we might lose Haula anyway since he was a restricted free agent. Sigh.

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
--Adam Savage, MythBusters

Posts: 1766 | Location: Red Wing, MN | Registered: January 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm worried about Raanta. Hank is getting older and seems to have lost some of his quickness in net. It makes sense not to put Hank up but I don't want to lose the young talent.
With fleury up as well my Rangers may be ok.

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
I hope the B's don't lose Colin Miller. He has a lot of upside. I would prefer they take Spooner. Or more ideally Belesky or Hayes but that ain't gonna happen.

The B's aren't beyond trading great players for almost nothing.....reference the Boychuk trade to NYI and Milan Lucic to Vancouver. I wouldn't put it past them to trade away a better defenseman like McQuaid or forward like Krejci.

If they gotta wheel and deal for the expansion draft, I'd rather see the following D go:

Joe Morrow
John-Michael Liles (sounds like a country singer)

I agree with your assessment on Beleskey and Hayes.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffemt44:
I'm worried about Raanta. Hank is getting older and seems to have lost some of his quickness in net. It makes sense not to put Hank up but I don't want to lose the young talent.
With fleury up as well my Rangers may be ok.

They also left Fast unprotected. The Rangers have two good goalies in the minors, but Raanta is ready for prime time. I agree that Hank isn't as quick as he used to be, and it's starting to show.

Posts: 7096 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Normality Contraindicated
Picture of italia
posted Hide Post
Preds: James Neal

------------------------------------------------------
Though we choose between reality and madness
It's either sadness or euphoria

Posts: 2988 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
Expect more transactions tomorrow after 8 am, when the trade window reopens.

Here's what I've seen so far(rumors etc.):
Anaheim - Clayton Stoner (& Shea Theodore)
Chicago - Trevor van Riemsdyk (& Marcus Kruger)
Columbus - William Karlsson
Dallas - Cody Eakin
Detroit - Thomas Nosek
LA - Brayden McNabb
Minnesota - Erik Haula
Nashville - James Neal
Ottawa - Marc Methot
Pittsburgh - Marc-Andre Fleury
St Louis - David Perron
Toronto - Brendan Leipsic
Washington - Nate Schmidt or Phillipp Grubauer

Other teams, I'm seeing different names & speculation.

There may also be other enticements attached to these players - drafts picks, future considerations, etc to avoid certain players.Some may be flipped to another team.

The wheeling & dealing will continue friday & saturday with the Entry Draft.

Few adds:
NYI - J.F. Berube
NYR - Oscar Lindberg
Philadelphia - Pierre-Edouard Bellemare

More:
Florida - Jonathan Marchessault
Tampa - Jason Garrison
Calgary - Derek Engelland
Edmonton - Griffin Reinhart

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Stars- Eakin or Roussel

Posts: 846 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For the Wild - Haula and Staal.

Hopefully they will grab some other guys and leave us alone.

Posts: 2499 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Different!
Picture of mrbill345
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WildSig:
For the Wild - Haula and Staal.

Hopefully they will grab some other guys and leave us alone.

According to Michael Russo, Haula is a done deal.
quote:
Erik Haula is Vegas-bound, as well as a prized Wild prospect.

Haula, a speedy former University of Minnesota center, will not only become the one Wild player lost to the expansion Vegas Golden Knights during tonight’s NHL Awards Show and expansion announcement, he’ll become the first – or one of the first – free-agent signings in Golden Knights history, multiple NHL sources say.

Haula, who would have become a restricted free agent July 1, agreed to a multi-year deal with the Golden Knights during their exclusive free-agency window that ended at 7 a.m. Pacific time this morning. That was also the deadline for Vegas to submit its initial 30-player roster to the NHL and sign and submit unprotected free agents.

In exchange for the Golden Knights choosing Haula in expansion and steering clear of, among others, defensemen Matt Dumba and Marco Scandella and center Eric Staal, the Wild has agreed to trade prospect Alex Tuch, sources say.

The Haula deal is for three years with an average annual value around $2.75 million. The Tuch trade will be announced after the Haula pick, with the Wild getting a conditional third round pick.

More at the link.

“Agnostic, gun owning, conservative, college educated hillbilly”

Posts: 4139 | Location: Middle Finger of WV | Registered: March 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrbill345:

According to Michael Russo, Haula is a done deal.
[QUOTE]Erik Haula is Vegas-bound, as well as a prized Wild prospect.

I heard this on the radio 20 minutes after I posted.

Bummer Frown

I wish they would have taken Dumba.

Posts: 2499 | Location: Southern Minnesota | Registered: March 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Nate Schmidt from the Caps is going to Vegas

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by comet24:
Nate Schmidt from the Caps is going to Vegas

Well that was my worst fear. GMGM brought him here to begin with. Watch, he'll be a star. I really wish they took Grubauer instead. We will likely have to trade him now anyways to get a new defensemen. We don't pick till fourth round this year and have nothing else to trade and no one in Hershey. We have a good young prospect in AHL, who's name escapes me now. We could have afforded to loose Grubauer way more than Nate.

Fudge!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21107 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

Wulp Highlander, your (our) fears have been realized. Mad

https://www.nhl.com/bruins/new...on-draft/c-290050402

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post