SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    UK busybodies demand pizza size reduction
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

UK busybodies demand pizza size reduction Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
What next? Calorie ration cards required for restaurant and supermarket purchases? They want evermore control of our lives.

“Pizzas will have to shrink or lose their toppings under Government plans to cap calories in our favourite treats in an obesity crackdown.

Drastic proposals from Public Health England state pizzas should contain no more than 928 calories and pies should be at most 695.

The guidelines will also apply to ready meals, sandwiches, cooking sauces, soups, burgers and processed meats - but those calorie counts have yet to be revealed.

This is part of the PHE's target to reduce calorie counts in every day foods by 20 per cent by 2024, after previously claiming the UK needs to go on a diet…”

https://dailym.ai/2C7rCy1

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
They must figure the folks aren't smart enough to order two. Roll Eyes

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15487 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Just cut the pizzas in 4 slices so the folks can’t pig out eating 6.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
It goes along with the article the OP posted the other day about UK socialized medicine's woes.

Sounds like they have too much middle management that does dumb ass busy body shit like campaign to change pizza sizes instead of doctors and nurses.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23314 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16273 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Honky Lips
Picture of FenderBender
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, we're doing this.

Posts: 8151 | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
This should actually be a lot of fun to watch. For years the Euros have been saying that they're not as fat as Americans because they consume a lot less food as measured by volume. The flip side was always that what little they did eat was packed with calories. Let's see how this whole mess plays out.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:

-Rob

She must dye her hair.

Posts: 8628 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
They must figure the folks aren't smart enough to order two.

Afternoon mate, Constable Smith here, we were flagged you were trying to order two pizzas for yourself. Let's take you down to the station and talk about why you are doing this, and especially explain why you were asking for bacon on them. It all sounds very hateful and not in support of our new pizza size regulations.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3795 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SeaCliff
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FenderBender:
Meanwhile, we're doing this.

We have one in our area called New York Giant.
Back in the ages when my kid was in soccer and little league was what we bought. 2 of these and the team would be content.
Run out, disaster.

Posts: 1894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: October 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dagwood's Pizza in Peachtree Corners GA (Atlanta area) has "the Big Fella", a 24-inch pizza. Saw a lady trying to carry one out to her car. She needed help.
I think they are a franchise operation. Used to go there one day most weeks for lunch when still working nearby. Since I retired, I stop by a couple of times a month for a couple of slices and my wife's favorite sausage and grilled onion sub.

NRA Endowment Member
USAF 1958-1970
Master Instructor 1969-1970
Georgia Gun Owners Member

Posts: 237 | Location: Atlanta, GA, USA | Registered: February 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post