SIGforum
I made my own owb holster ** updated**

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7540081864

March 28, 2020, 05:51 PM
XLT
I made my own owb holster ** updated**
First attempt at making a 43x owb holster, and I have to say it fits better then anything I have tried, I like how it hugs my side, nice and tight and it's canted a little bit.

I had one small piece of veg tanned leather along with the very basic tools. I dont have any way to put a finish on it as all the leather stores are closed, I'm starting to like the colors anyway so I might just leave it alone.

I have been watching some holster making videos after I did this one, kind of wished I watched before but it was fun. lots of room for improvement so I'm going to make another as soon as I can find some more leather.

The people who makes these for a living are true craftsman and make it look easy. watching some of these videos then going to their websites and checking out their prices they simply don't charge enough for all the work that goes into them.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: XLT,
March 28, 2020, 05:56 PM
Riley
Very cool! Nicely done.

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.
March 28, 2020, 06:03 PM
Beancooker
For your first attempt, you did a damn fine job. Nice work brother.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread
March 28, 2020, 06:35 PM
randyman
Nice job! Keep it up and we be sending some business your way.
How long did it take you to do this masterpiece?
March 28, 2020, 06:56 PM
Ronin101
very nice work. I learned early on that it isnt as easy as it looks. People who make leather holsters earn their money!!
March 28, 2020, 06:56 PM
OldMick
Very nice job!
March 28, 2020, 07:18 PM
BGULL
Very well done. Is there metal between the holster and the reinforcement leather at the top of the holster?

Bill Gullette
March 28, 2020, 08:07 PM
gjgalligan
Looks great!

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.
March 28, 2020, 08:10 PM
SSgt USMC/Vet
Very nice, taking orders yet. Big Grin
March 28, 2020, 08:17 PM
BennerP220
Looks great!
March 28, 2020, 08:20 PM
Krazeehorse
Nice job and congrats!!!

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.
March 28, 2020, 08:24 PM
Bytes
Dang dude, very nice job!
March 28, 2020, 09:18 PM
XLT
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

randyman it took about three hours from design to finished product, evening project. sewing was time consuming I need a sewing machine. Smile

BGULL There is not any reinforcement metal between the two, might do that next time thanks for the idea.
March 28, 2020, 09:24 PM
ArtieS
Impressive! Let us know if you go into the business. You will have plenty of work.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
March 29, 2020, 04:29 AM
bendable
Will need to see it in both ox blood and cordovan prior to sending you an order and cash , but the style and workmanship look very nice.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
March 29, 2020, 05:53 AM
nukeandpave
That looks great!
March 29, 2020, 07:03 AM
ruger357
Wow. Nice job. If I thought I could do half as good as you did, I’d make one.

-----------------------------------------

Roll Tide!

Glock Certified Armorer
NRA Certified Firearms Instructor
March 29, 2020, 07:39 AM
gearhounds
Very nice; I've made my own internal holsters for Velcro attachment to body armor before we switched to external carriers. They were functional but looked as pretty as a homemade shoe or a mud fence Big Grin

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown
March 29, 2020, 08:39 AM
bobandmikako
Excellent job! It looks great as well as functional. I like the ride height and cant.

十人十色
March 29, 2020, 08:57 AM
Anubismp
Looks good. I started doing my own a awhile ago as well. It's nice not needing to wait for holster moulds for new guns or odd combos. Do you have any neatsfoot oil in the garage? It'll darken everything and don't use more than a light coat.