SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bought some land in Greer, SC
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bought some land in Greer, SC Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted
We bought a bit over 5 acres, covered with old growth forest.

We will build a coach house...small home with a heated garage for our motorhome. We are keeping our mountain house, it's 2 hours away.

We really like Greenville. Insurance and taxes will be lower if we change our residency.

No POA, 'Un-zoned Ag land' so we can do whatever we want and the taxes are crazy low.

I'll be close to Palmetto State Arms. Big Grin

Posts: 12924 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
My wife's family is in TR. I like that area also. We're very likely to snowbird there when the kids finish high school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Perpetual Student
Picture of Dan
posted Hide Post
I'm in TR (Travelers Rest). Cool.

Posts: 2460 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: May 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Does it have a nice berm in a safe direction?

Posts: 9975 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in Upstate SC. Beautiful area that has become much more cosmopolitan over the last 3 decades.

Posts: 2169 | Registered: April 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The name Greer came from the one intersection with the one stop light had a grocery store on one corner and a package store on the other, Gr-ocery n b-eer Greer

I frequently get to Greenville we will have to get together.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4787 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to upstate
If I can help you any way let me know.

Posts: 1178 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
congrats

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
my aunt is in lives in the "old family home". closest town is actually Campobello. you can see hog back mountain from her front porch, on a clear day. lots of family in the area.

john

Posts: 476 | Location: Greensboro, NC | Registered: November 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the neighborhood. Come by and catch a beer.

Posts: 231 | Location: Reidville, SC | Registered: October 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Thanks all! Berm, yes, shooting range yes. Big Grin

Posts: 12924 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
BMW is technically in Greer aren't they? I was just there

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jeff Yarchin:
Thanks all! Berm, yes, shooting range yes. Big Grin
One of my uncle's family (cousin?) owns a shooting range/gun store in the area. When we were in town last year we checked it out. Nice place. I gave him all the 22mag ammo I had with me for a customer who couldn't get any for his north american. Sharpshooters I believe it is called.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
Welcome to the asylum! As in: "South Carolina is too small for a republic and too large for an insane asylum."

I'm down in the Columbia area.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Greer was named for James Manning Greer, whose ancestry traces from Scotland, through Ireland. Many of his descendants still reside in the region. James Manning Greer was a descendant of John Greer, Sr. who surveyed his land in Laurens County in 1750. John and his family were already in Laurens County, prior to the Greer passengers who arrived aboard the ship The Falls in 1764. John Greer's family settled at Duncans Creek between that Creek and the Enoree River and close to Duncan's Creek Presbyterian Church. John, Sr.'s great grandson James Manning Greer settled his family near Greenville in an area that eventually became Greer's Station.

Posts: 13816 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Nframe
posted Hide Post
We are looking at some properties up in that area too. I love camping and hiking in that area!

Posts: 2912 | Location: mid S.C. | Registered: March 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CQB60:
Greer was named for James Manning Greer, whose ancestry traces from Scotland, through Ireland. Many of his descendants still reside in the region. James Manning Greer was a descendant of John Greer, Sr. who surveyed his land in Laurens County in 1750. John and his family were already in Laurens County, prior to the Greer passengers who arrived aboard the ship The Falls in 1764. John Greer's family settled at Duncans Creek between that Creek and the Enoree River and close to Duncan's Creek Presbyterian Church. John, Sr.'s great grandson James Manning Greer settled his family near Greenville in an area that eventually became Greer's Station.

Cool story bro. Razz Big Grin Even though you speaketh the trooth, GA Gator is still plausible with "Gr-ocery n b-eer Greer ". I live at the top of the hill outside Columbia where Mr. Iredell and Mr. Moseley watered and coaled steam engines before Circle K slushied and hot-dog fed the rest of us. Iredell. Moseley. This here theme park without a theme (or a town center) is named Irmo.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My in laws live on a farm in Pauline, you will like the area, it has grown like crazy over the last 25 yrs

Posts: 1703 | Location: Alpharetta, GA | Registered: September 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
We love this area too. We like to take weekend trips to gv whenever possible.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an interview in Greenville with the Sheriffs Office next Friday.

I love the area.
It was Greenville or Columbia, but Columbia PD put the screw to me.

I am beginning to think I like the Greenville area a little bit more.

I haven't been to Greer yet but that is next on my spot.

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post