SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    New ASUS router suggestion??
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New ASUS router suggestion?? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Many moons ago this forum suggested the ASUS RC-AC1900P and it is still going strong. However due to house shape and construction it did not cover the basement and backyard. So I added a cheap
ASUS RT-N12D1 as an access point in the basement. Just plugged it into an Ethernet port in the basement and set it up as an access point.
That has worked great for years.
I guess the WiFi transmitter has died as it is no longer transmitting wifi. Nothing can find the signal from it. However the wired ports do work.
I have tried everything with no dice.

So my thoughts are to get a newer ASUS Router and move the RC-AC1900P to the basement as an access point.

We have 100mbps internet so we don’t need anything fancy.
All our main devices are hardwired. We only use wifi for our phones, 2 cameras, and I will be adding a TV and a Sonos speaker on the back deck that will need wifi.

Looking to spend less than $150 would like to be closer to $100.
I really don’t even know what I am looking at with all these descriptions.

How does this one look?
https://a.co/d/0brrFDRU

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25721 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
More than you want at 199, but I recently went with the ASUS RT-AX86U Pro

It had tons of good reviews and does what it is supposed to without any issues so far. This is my first non-Netgear router. All of mine died after 4 or so years.

I do have a NAS connected so that’s the only thing using the higher speed hardware.

Maybe this one for you? https://www.bestbuy.com/site/a...7908.p?skuId=6377908

Posts: 17944 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Are you set on ASUS?

I switched from ASUS to a TP-Link a few years ago and it's been great, it's a mesh type and has great coverage and IMO better than the previous ASUS.

My model is the Archer A7:

TP-Link AC1750 OneMesh Wi-Fi Repeater/Router, Dual Band, Gigabit Ports (Archer A7)

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I got this when WOOT! had Netgear factory re-furbs on sale for $79. MESH router and two satellites. Works very well!

https://www.netgear.com/home/wifi/mesh/mk63s/

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
Are you set on ASUS?

Pretty much that way I can just copy my configurations from my current setup in the app and not really have to worry about changing a bunch of stuff.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25721 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post