SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    V8 floor shift 3 speed manual transmission cars of the 1960s and early 1970s
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

V8 floor shift 3 speed manual transmission cars of the 1960s and early 1970s Login/Join 
Tenacious
Tempestuous
with Integrity
posted Hide Post
My 1st car was a yellow with black vinyl top, 69 Camaro. 3 speed floor shift, 350 powered. Great car!

Posts: 833 | Location: NW OHIO | Registered: December 31, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Must have been a 289. Reaching back a few years in memory. I do remember that there was more than one V-8, and I ordered the smallest displacement available."

"Not to nitpick, but the 260 cid Ford V8 ceased production at the end of the 1964 model year. It was used in the Mustang when the car was first introduced (1964 1/2)."

Yes, My father bought a 1964 1/2 Mustang, 260 V8, 3 in the floor. It was white with red interior. It basically was my car and the first Mustang in KIngsport, TN. Once a TN Highway Patrolman pulled up beside me at a stop light and asked me to drag race out of the light. I was too smart to take the bait. I bought a 1966 Triumph TR4-A IRS with independent rear suspension for $3200. I never drove an automatic until 1999 when I sold my 5 speed 1986 Maxima.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4328 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
My first 3spd car was a 70 Dodge Challenger with a 225 slant six, painted hemi orange with RT stripes on the side. The guy worked at Dodge Main and followed the car as it was being built. It had 40000 miles on it and paid 1k for it.

Posts: 5341 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My Dad would order a car with the base package and an upgrade to power and suspension. The result was manual steering, manual brakes, and a 3 on the tree. Mom hated having to drive them because they "drove like a Truck". In 1965 Dad's car was a 1965 Base model Belair with the "Corvette" Hi Po 327. BTW at that time that 327 was rated at 370 HP in the Vette and 360 HP in the rest of the lineup. The reason why was the symmetrical ram horn exhaust manifold that was exclusive to the Vette. Anyhow it was a solid lifter engine that had the power to pass a slower car like it was standing still if you dropped into 2nd and nailed it. With all the 2 lane driving my Dad did selling doors that did matter. I'll also note my Dad did like a bit of power just for fun, Mom got to drive some very "peppy" family cars because they always had the maximum power engine option.

I've stopped counting.

Posts: 5765 | Location: Michigan | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post