SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I want to totally DELETE iCloud from PC Computer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I want to totally DELETE iCloud from PC Computer Login/Join 
Picture of erj_pilot
posted
Calling all IT gurus...

I very STUPIDLY installed iCloud on my WIndows 7 PC some years ago...maybe 3 or 4 by now. I don't put ANYTHING in "the cloud" and am really getting tired of the pop-up box that wants me to update it.

I know the process is EXTREMELY laborious and involves getting into the Windows Registry, which I'm fine with. So is there a good resource that outlines the step by step process to rid myself of this piece of trash?? Thanks for any guidance!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Have you considered a clean install if windows? That would be a lot easier than deleting iCloud, and messing with the registry.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Programs and Features then uninstall.

Posts: 22910 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Thanks smschulz...I didn't think it was that easy or that obvious.
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
Have you considered a clean install [of] windows? That would be a lot easier than deleting iCloud, and messing with the registry.
That's on the horizon for next year when I upgrade this system to Windows 10. So if it keeps showing up, as hudr describes below, I can live with that for another 6 months.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"The deals you miss don’t hurt you”-B.D. Raney Sr.
posted Hide Post
Good luck. I’ve uninstalled it a couple times. I have had it show back up after major updates. But it is fairly easy to uninstall, as mentioned above.

Posts: 6306 | Location: East Texas | Registered: February 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
What smschultz indicated + running ccleaner (free ed) registry cleanup if you feel like it.

Wouldn't mess with the registry if i were you.
Some files and folders might get left behind but they will not be an issue in the future.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12111 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post