SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Listed our house
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Listed our house Login/Join 
Picture of mcrimm
posted
Prices in the Kalispell Montana area are like a rocket. We’ve been toying with selling for the last year as we get older and tire of making our winter pilgrimage to Florida to escape winter. Home inventory of country places is very slim and as out of state visitors flock our area, this seems like the time to try the market. We’re in no rush to sell but we’ve packed, trashed or donated a lot of our stuff. We’re selling ourselves since both of us were in banking and title work over our careers. We’ll leave most of our furniture, tools and power equipment.

Destination - Oro Valley, AZ.

Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
My best friend sold his place in Shelter Valley early last year for 750K. He's kicking himself for not having waited as he'd have likely doubled his money.

You will probably have your place sold before you know it. Good on you for getting out of the Flathead. It has become a place that is not at all attractive. Too dang many people. Fields that we used to wander as kids hunting pheasants are now thick with subdivisions...houses 10 feet away from each other.

Can't really blame the owners of the land wanting to get rich off of the sale, but when it destroys the culture of the area...well...here we are.

Posts: 20121 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Price very high.

Posts: 17897 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You’ll have people fighting over it to pay you over asking price on it in no time. The market is totally INSANE.

My wife’s aunt & uncle sold their house in York, PA in 2 days. They are wanting to move to the Nashville, TN area to be near their son and daughter who both live there.

The uncle told us he has been watching the Nashville housing market for months now trying to find something and it’s even more crazy there than PA right now. Saw a house he really liked get listed and quickly sold for $315,000 then he saw that the buyer sat on it for a little over 30 days, painted a couple rooms then RE-LISTED it for $415,000 and it sold in 1 day for way above the new listing price! Eek

You are selling at a good time before all this crashes in what I’m thinking might be the biggest housing bust in US history.

Posts: 33833 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Talk with an appraiser if you don’t use a realtor. You may be leaving a lot of money on the table.

Posts: 9528 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Realtor is best idea but at least have an appraisal. List price should be consistent with actual value. Then you will have offers over asking. But you need to find buyers with cash to cover over appraisal. If they are financing too much the appraisal can kill the deal very late in the process unless they have cash to cover. Ask for proof of funds.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12441 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Prices in Florida are crazy as well. We have a second home in Seagrove near the beach and it has doubled in value since we built five years ago! Prices in our neighbor are running around $525 per square foot and generally sell in days. It is an insane sellers market!

Posts: 872 | Location: Louisiana and Florida | Registered: February 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
Our son sold their house last month. When they listed it, the agent told them to go away for the weekend, because she had so many appointments for viewing the house that she had to limit prospective buyers to 15 minute appointments, and she had them booked all weekend. The place sold as-is for $15K more than asking price & it isn't even that nice.

If someone told me I had only 15 minutes to inspect a house I was thinking about buying, I'd tell them to ram that house up right their ass, but people didn't seem to have a problem with that.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aileron
posted Hide Post
I'm not going anywhere, I built the forever home here a few years back. Drop me note when you want to sell your stuff, I need a lot of stuff.

Prices are crazy, and homes are selling in a few days when it was 6-12 months pre-Covid.

Posts: 1480 | Location: Montana - bear country | Registered: March 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
I drove past Oro Valley yesterday. Lots of road closures due to wild fires.

Posts: 3543 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just sold our place, 60 showings in 4 days. 16 offers. Many didnt even bother to put an offer in figuring they would be outbid. Got way over asking, home inspection waived.

Posts: 680 | Location: MA | Registered: June 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because something is legal to do doesn't mean it is the smart thing to do.
posted Hide Post
I'm no expert on real estate, or anything else.
Seems like a great time to sell but poor time to buy. If I was considering on selling my home I would then consider renting for a period of time. I just can't help thinking the housing market will drop with the current administration being what it is.

Integrity is doing the right thing, even when nobody is looking.

Posts: 4137 | Location: Metamora MI | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
If the house you're selling is worth substantially more than the one you're buying, this is a good time to sell.

And Oro Valley is a little north of Tucson, so you won't be in that liberal paradise.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on you, your place will sell before you know it.

I'm prepping two places for sale, because we just bought a third. People are right, the market is insane. We were very, very lucky to make the winning bid.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am in the same boat - almost ready to sell but no place to go. Even rentals are scarce where I live.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
had a friend intown from Missoiula last weekend. Her neighbors just sold their house up in the Rattlesnake area. the houses originally were built and sold for 165k. neighbor sold for 600k.

can't imagine the property I tried to buy back in the late 80's NW from whitefish. when I left the area it was on the market for 525k, sold for 36,5 when I looked at it

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Live today as if it may be your last and learn today as if you will live forever

Posts: 6234 | Location: New Orleans...outside the levees, fishing in the Rigolets | Registered: October 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Wait for summer/fall?

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5966 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Save today, so you can
buy tomorrow
posted Hide Post
I wish we can sell our house now. But we need to stay in it for another 5 years (until after our son finish college). We are hoping our house will have enough equity by then (and hold the value), that we can purchase a smaller house and pay at least 50% (if not 100%).

Our plan is to purchase a small piece of land by the lake and build a 2-3 BR house. And an RV covered port. That is our dream.

To the OP, good luck with your soon to be new place (once you sold your house).

Posts: 1887 | Location: Las Vegas | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So…how many offers so far???

Posts: 33833 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
It hit Zillow about noon yesterday. Got a call from a buyers realtor mid-day today. He did a video walk through with an out of state buyer this afternoon. Called an hour later and said he has a full price, cash offer for us. 1 Day.

Our market is on fire.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post