SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    QR codes on bottles of olive oil for transparency of content
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

QR codes on bottles of olive oil for transparency of content Login/Join 
Picture of grumpy1
posted
I recently watched this video about olive oils and found out that on some brands there is a QR code on the bottle that can be used to find extensive information about the olive oil in that particular bottle based on the lot number. I tried it in the store and it was cool and bought a 1.5 L bottle of California Ranch blend after checking various bottles. The video below explains more. I drink some EV olive oil daily as a health supplement to get more healthy fat in my diet.

https://www.healthline.com/nut...enefits-of-olive-oil

Posts: 9823 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

The idea of having product information in a QR code is a good one. Too bad QR codes are also being co-opted for delivering malware and other malicious stuff. I will not touch a QR code with a 10 meter pole. It could be a good one, like the olive oil example, but just as easily the olive oil's code could have been hacked and corrupted.

The growing abuse of QR codes [Ars Technica]

When in doubt, mumble

Posts: 10870 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
People are considering them on headstones.
In addition to names and dates.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55141 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post