SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Question for Florida Attorneys re HOA Situation
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Question for Florida Attorneys re HOA Situation Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Pothole is directly in front of next door neighbor's house. He has a young daughter (maybe 8 yrs old?). Penis would not be appropriate.

Isn't that the idea? Add significant vascular structure to speed it up.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn't it seem that if the contributing underground pipe issues had been repaired, there would be a larger area of pavement around the hole purposefully opened up, to create access for the pipe repairs?

Posts: 1702 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I don't really know, but couple months ago I did see some guys working on this. Logo on their trucks indicated that they were pipe repair people. They worked for a while, then packed up and left.

If I understand HOA president correctly, pipe repair has been completed, has been inspected and approved by city, and pavement repairs now have the green light, but the management company contracted by the HOA (Sentry Management) is dragging their ass and not responding.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Texas Proud
Picture of texassierra
posted Hide Post
I'd send certified letters to all involved including the city manager, HOA insurance company and maybe local news "on your side" reporters. State all the potential dangers and specifically mention neighborhood children could be hurt. I've found that once you've established concern of potential physical injury and included enough people that have signifigant pull in that correspondence someone tends to act and I mean quick. If an individual gets hurt following your expression of concern the potential damages could really start multiplying when legal action is taken because of the HOAs negligence. They were warned and they can't deny responsibility.

NRA Life Patron

Posts: 1906 | Location: DFW | Registered: March 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
Looking at those pictures it looks a lot more serious then just a pot hole. It looks as though the substrate is being undermined by water flowing. If you look at the cracks in the asphalt around the holes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the HOA and Mgt Company have corrected the underlying problem, (water leaks) and waited on the city to give the OK, which has been done.

Issue at hand is Sentry finding an available company to come in and finish the job.

You should be contacting the HOA as they are your association and responsible to the homeowners. Sentry is contracted to the HOA and probably only responds directly to the Board of Directors. They are not going to do any work for any association on behalf of a residents request, since the cost and action needs board approval. Imagine that the agreement requires them to pass on resident requests to the homeowners association board.

Most HOA covenants and by-laws have a provision for any resident taking legal action, in that event, if you lose you owe not only your legal costs but also the HOA's legal fees. I'd suggest forgoing any legal action, and simply put everything in writing to the Board of Directors.

At this point really a simple email copied to all of your neighbors on the cul-de-sac, and the board asking for a meeting to discuss it and update on the situation seems appropriate.

Other than that, get a representative from each home on the street, show up, and ask polite direct questions on the subject and why it's taking so long.

Posts: 23423 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post