SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Happy St. Patrick's Day, Y'all!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Y'all! Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
And back to ya!

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
thanks & the same to you + all at sigforum.

Posts: 2217 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Sporting my green workout shirt. Big Grin May the road rise up to meet you...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy St Patty day everone.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23297 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy St Patrick's. Having corned beef and cabbage in 30 minutes.

Posts: 655 | Location: South Texas | Registered: February 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
That's a beautiful photo, ensigmatic.

Shamefully, I just looked up at my stash and noticed that I don't have any Irish whiskey. Just Scotch and bourbon. Being half Irish, I may have to go to confession.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Got my obligatory green shirt on.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’s a St. Patrick’s Day tradition for me to post this song on my personal page. My mother was Irish and I would call her every St. Patrick’s Day without fail; I still miss those calls. She came from the proverbial large Irish-Catholic family and sometimes it seemed like they all just got off the boat.

I listen to Irish music year-round and have learned a bit about the musicians playing with Steve Earle on this song. That’s Sharon Shannon who is seated and playing the accordion. She can play pretty much any of the instruments on the stage. The lady with the beautiful smile playing violin is Nollaig Casey. On your left (stage right) is Dónal Lunny on the Irish bouzouki, playing left-handed. John McSherry is on the penny whistle; he’s a renowned Uilleann piper. I understand that the drummer is Joaquin Cooder, son of Ry Cooder. Quite an group of musicians.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day

Posts: 13287 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
That's a beautiful photo, ensigmatic.

Thanks Smile

quote:
Shamefully, I just looked up at my stash and noticed that I don't have any Irish whiskey.

I discovered Tullamore Dew entirely by happy accident, two SPDs ago.

quote:
Got my obligatory green shirt on.

Nice shirt!

Now I have a shameful admission: I entirely forgot to wear anything green, today. And I even have a green UA tee I bought explicitly for SPD. *sheesh*

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Slainte

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3763 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Slainte!

A little crazy here in the big, bad city... Busy day before and during work.
Upsetting that St Patrick's day parades were canceled, and bars closed.

Got home and cracked open some Redbreast, and hopped on here.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Hey, ensigmatic! I'm making up for my foul on St. Patrick's Day. Smile

Stocked up at the liquor store today.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30415 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post