SIGforum
Frontier Justice...or not?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7500045024

March 05, 2017, 08:25 PM
jack32586
Frontier Justice...or not?
Approx two weeks ago, we evacuated 180,000 people from Oroville, and several cities down river from Oroville Dam. The threat was real, and we called for mutual aid. We evacuated the Sheriff's Office, Police Depts and the Jail. For Days. We had over 400 cops come in for the evac and then to patrol the evac areas.
There was some looting, shooting and other activities of the ruffians, ne'er do wells, scofflaws and scallywags that chose not to leave. Or as one tactical team from a big city said- "Dude there's a lot of fucking tweakers out there"
We had no jail, weak comms, and roving bands of tactical officers from other jurisdictions. Bascially they were patrolling a ghost town full of zombies.

I have not heard of one complaint. To this I say, good job ladies and gentlemen. I am constantly impressed by the professionals I encounter in this job.
March 05, 2017, 08:45 PM
ScorpionBoy
quote:
I have not heard of one complaint.

Not one person has complained of being shot or looted? I am confused. I saw one person complain of being run over with his own truck by some looter.
March 05, 2017, 08:49 PM
jack32586
I meant a complaint about the officers activities. There has been plenty of complaints of burglaries, robberies, vandalism, etc.