SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    SpaceX has a Busy day For Tomorrow (Sunday)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SpaceX has a Busy day For Tomorrow (Sunday) Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted
two launches planned

falcon heavy launching the X37B at 6:14PM

falcon 9 launching a Starlink series at 9PM

bring popcorn and a blanket

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
I guess you could say they're making it look easy.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
Thanks nhtag! Appreciate the call out! It'll give me something cool to watch tonight.

Posts: 11399 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Where's best to watch these events?

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
When's the X37c coming out is my question.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20846 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are they launching from Florida or Virginia? Calling for storms and wind in Florida today, so they may be delayed.

Posts: 3668 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Are they launching from Florida or Virginia? Calling for storms and wind in Florida today, so they may be delayed.

Looks like Heavy launch has been delayed until tomorrow. https://x.com/SpaceX/status/1733846597384151427?s=20

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1366 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Where's best to watch these events?

Good question.

The canal across the street from my Dad's is lined right up with Cape Canaveral. Even though we are on the other side of Florida, we used to get to see shuttle launches by standing at the end of the canal.

Awhile back, someone posted on the forum that SpaceX was doing something, so I took my kids over to my Dad's house, we stood at the end of the canal and saw NOTHING because the launch happened in Texas. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11025 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Good question.

The canal across the street from my Dad's is lined right up with Cape Canaveral.
Even though we are on the other side of Florida, we used to get to see shuttle launches by standing at the end of the canal.

Well... I kinda meant online or on TV, but your answer is totally valid. Smile
I hope we'll get more information here, closer to launch time: https://www.spacex.com/launches/index.html

quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Awhile back, someone posted on the forum that SpaceX was doing something, so I took my kids over to my Dad's house, we stood at the end of the canal and saw NOTHING because the launch happened in Texas. Roll Eyes

That's something I would have done... Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13525 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Trapper, the launch Monday says it’s going out at KSC, so I guess your spot will have a good view.

Posts: 17224 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
both launches delayed until tomorrow - but the times remain the same.

guessing by past launches the falcon 9 has an instantaneous launch window

Posts: 53240 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Looks like it's a go.

https://www.spacex.com/launche...n/?missionId=ussf-52

Edit: Nope!
Tomorrow at 8:14 pm.

God bless America.

Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Doesn't look like it's going to happen today.

Posts: 7382 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Postponed indefinitely. Weather hasn’t cooperated.

Posts: 11025 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
Falcon Heavy launch scheduled for 8:06 pm EST tonight and all is go at the moment... hopefully the U.S. military X-37B plane successfully reaches its targeted goal.

The launch is angled towards the NE so if you're along the coast of FL, GA or the Carolinas and there's clear weather, you might be able to view it firsthand.

Posts: 3362 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the update!

Posts: 20 | Location: Colorado | Registered: December 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Just FYI guys,

I was on my way to Honolulu on the evening of Sunday the 24th. Right about when we were over Colorado someone calls out on Guard "Starlink to the West!"

We both looked up and got to see the famed string of pearls as the satellites were released. It was all it was cracked up to be. I have never seen a line of lights like that in the night sky in my entire life.

They ended up going directly over us and I was wishing they would have been offset so we could see them longer.

Go SpaceX!

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1774 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post