SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Olympics bans ‘Black Lives Matter’ apparel, could punish athletes for social protests Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
OTOH, they're letting trans men compete against women.

Posts: 17152 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hound Dog:
I personally would love to see violations result in complete and permanent revocation of any medals awarded and IMMEDIATE ejection from the games (so they can't compete in other events).

That would certainly create a great deal of pressure from the coaches as well as the coached. The coaches might resort to some pretty basic tactics to see that no shenanigans take place.
I can see the trial now:

" Coach, in the olympic village on the night in question, did you order the code red?"

Posts: 7269 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Teammates will take over and administer the proper punishment....

Posts: 23585 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Not that I'm going to watch, haven't in a long time, my question is do they keep score? In our woke participation world, do all the athletes get a medal now?

Posts: 2780 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
They should have a tape delay instead of airing it live. That way, they can edit out their bullshit and audiences will only see the sport events and no political bullshit.

Strip those assholes of their platform and silence them.
Absolutely excellent idea. Hell, they edit everything else these days, why not this too.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post