SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Cop's Glorious Takedown Of A Man Attacking Police Station With Baseball Bat
Page 1 2 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Cop's Glorious Takedown Of A Man Attacking Police Station With Baseball Bat Login/Join 
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...campaign=benshapiro#

Cop's Glorious Takedown Of A Man Attacking Police Station With Baseball Bat

On Monday, a man in West Covina, California approached the local Police Department wielding a baseball bat intent on inflicting damage to people and property. Instead, he got a mouth full of concrete.

Surveillance video (below) shows Christopher Rivas, 28, walking up to the front of the station around 10:30 a.m. and repeatedly striking the large lobby windows, sending bystanders waiting inside into a panic. Three civilian women can be seen running into a secured area of the station.

According to ABC7:

"At this point, he was yelling, 'I'm coming in, I'm coming in,'" said Rudy Lopez of the West Covina Police Department.

The suspect then walked to the doorway and continued swinging, slamming the open door several times.

What you don't see on the video is that as the suspect was standing outside the lobby, there was an officer at the doorway inside with a gun pointed at him. That's why he didn't move.

While the suspect was distracted, an officer ran up from behind and tackled him to the ground. Several other officers then helped the officer subdue and handcuff the suspect.

The attacker was taken to the hospital with minor injuries. According to the officers, Rivas was cited and released to the custody of the Los Angeles County Medical Center.

He was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and resisting an officer.

Luckily, no one else was hurt; the station's windows were left intact. Rivas will have plenty of time to work on the mechanics of his swing once he's remanded to the batting cage, known as his jail cell.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8V4FbsfZGkM

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Epic fail? Big Grin

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Report This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
That damn plexiglass was just not adequately shattering was it?

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Report This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
Weird. Looked like a kind of half-hearted attempt. Even his swings were pretty weak.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Report This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
never get it out of the infield with that swing

Picture of dwood4
posted Hide Post
a thing of beauty...

Posts: 543 | Registered: November 03, 2014Report This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
What's up with who I guess is the Chief going to draw after subject is controlled? I'm glad he put that back where he found it Smile

Nice hit, Officer!

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Report This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
bravo!

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3642 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Had the man been romantically involved with the police station? Was there a nasty breakup?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Looks like attempted suicide by cop, to me.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5398 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Nice tackle! Can the Rams sign him to the practice squad? Wink

Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Nice hit! Reminded me of Terry Tate, office linebacker minus the strutting around afterward.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23255 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
You're killin' me Smalls!

Posts: 995 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

There is no tackling on the Rams...

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by benny6:
Looks like attempted suicide by cop, to me.
Tony.

That's the first thing I thought too.
With swings like that, T-ball kids would kick his ass!

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Report This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:

There is no tackling on the Rams...

Because their hands are all up..

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Report This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Oooooohhhhh......WHIPLASH!!!! Nice tackle!!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Report This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
I thought that was weird too.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8682 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
It's just as well. He wasn't engaging his hips properly, he had poor feet work, and he kept dipping his shoulder. Big Grin

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MooneyP226:
What's up with who I guess is the Chief going to draw after subject is controlled? I'm glad he put that back where he found it Smile

Nice hit, Officer!

Thought the same thing. Seemed odd. Put that away fella, before someone gets hurt.

Posts: 11386 | Registered: August 02, 2004Report This Post