SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Need software (Windows compatible) that will let me record video from a Web site
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Need software (Windows compatible) that will let me record video from a Web site Login/Join 
posted
I'm enrolled in an online course and I need a software application that will let me record the lectures for later viewing offline. It needs to be compatible with Windows 10. I would prefer to be able to buy it from Microsoft's online store if possible. But that isn't an absolute requirement.

Can anyone recommend such a software application?

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2542 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've had good luck with Wisdomsoft Screenhunter Pro.

Posts: 94 | Location: Michiana | Registered: September 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I don't have a solution for you, but a couple of questions leading to a suggestion.

For the course, does the program allow you to just download the lecture to your computer? That would be ideal.

You may also want to ask the program's authors to provide a copy to download. Let them know you need the ability to watch the lecture off-line.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
I'm enrolled in an online course and I need a software application that will let me record the lectures for later viewing offline.
Doesn't the organization you're taking the course through allow you as a student a way to download the lectures, or access them online after the fact?
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
Perhaps this will do?
How to Record Video of an App in Windows 10.
Thanks for that. I learned something new of value by reviewing that. Now when my elderly mother wants to know how to do something on her computer, I can send here a video to watch instead of trying to explain it over the phone. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sleepla8er
posted Hide Post

I've been using Corel Video Studio for 15 years or more now. There are different versions and it is designed for video editing. This gives you the option of cutting out the few minutes of video from each session to make your own exam prep video. Just make sure the version you pick has Video Recorder or Video Capture.

It is important to also verify your computer has the capability to run the software.

Prices range from $55 to $80 and the matrix below will help you understand what the difference features are for the price.
www.VideoStudioPro.com/en/products/videostudio/ultimate/#compare

Corel offers free trials of their products. Do this to ensure your computer is able to run the software and to see how you like using it.

www.VideoStudioPro.com/en/products/

There are several videos on YouTube to help you learn how to use the Video Studio features if you want to start working on family pictures and videos.

Posts: 2856 | Location: San Diego, CA  | Registered: July 14, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Broadside:
I'm enrolled in an online course and I need a software application that will let me record the lectures for later viewing offline.

Are you certain that the course isn't already set up to do this? Isn't that kinda the whole point of online courses?

Posts: 33815 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fpuhan
posted Hide Post
The companies I've worked for and with over the years have all used Camtasia or SnagIt. Both reasonably priced from Techsmith.

https://www.techsmith.com/

You can't truly call yourself "peaceful" unless you are capable of great violence. If you're not capable of great violence, you're not peaceful, you're harmless.

NRA Benefactor/Patriot Member

Posts: 2857 | Location: Peoples Republic of North Virginia | Registered: December 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:
Perhaps this will do?
How to Record Video of an App in Windows 10.

Thank you, senza nome. Will this record sound as well as video?

I have not been able to find any way to download the videos for offline viewing. From the best that I can tell, it is like YouTube.

If there is a way that you can download a YouTube video to save, can someone please share that as well?

Thank you all.

Posts: 6623 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
Another vote for camtasia...

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I have Camtasia. But VLC does it too, and it's free.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather have luck
than skill any day
Picture of mjlennon
posted Hide Post
This website will convert an online video to a downloadable file in a format of your choice.

Online Video Converter

Posts: 1827 | Location: Fayetteville, Georgia | Registered: December 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post