SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Bucket list Checked off a couple...video link added
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Bucket list Checked off a couple...video link added Login/Join 
come and take it
posted Hide Post
I checked one off two weeks ago. Rented a 440hp twin- turbo BMW M3 and ran it on the German autobahn. It was as much fun as I had always hoped it would be!

I might have to add Nurburgring to the list now.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
My wife and I want to do the Alcan highway. We’ve been very fortunate to have done and seen a bunch over the years.

This winter we’ll hit Key West and take a Western Caribbean cruise to see Belize.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4234 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimg1960
posted Hide Post
Ibanda that’s a very cool bucket list do. What was your top speed?

Posts: 301 | Location: Tennessee  | Registered: July 08, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Cage dive with great white sharks in South Africa

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
come and take it
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimg1960:
Ibanda that’s a very cool bucket list do. What was your top speed?

Had to get more than an hour out of Munich, they have construction and heavy traffic just like the US. Finally got out past the speed limit part to the 80 mph 'suggested" zone and immediately several Audi station wagons move into the left lane and I ran with them for a while at 120. Found a couple of good spots, sun out, dry pavement, very light traffic, come over a hill at 100, no one in the left lane with 2 mile visibility and ran up to 158 mph.

I have a few SIGs.

Posts: 1892 | Location: Texan north of the Red River | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
Spend a month salmon fishing (and catching) in Scotland. Been there for a week or two but it is never enough time.

Fly fishing for taiman in Mongolia.

Fish the Gaspe Peninsula.

Scuba dive Truk Lagoon.

See Jane Monheit in a small venue.

Work on an archeological dig.

Go to a Bruins Stanley Cup game.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2388 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:
...Scuba dive Truk Lagoon...

...Work on an archeological dig..

Truk Lagoon -- now, there's one worthy of a bucket list!!! I wish I could go with yoy if you ever make it!

I dated a girl about 35 years ago who was an accountant for a university that did archeological digs, and she was assigned to accompany one for a whole summer. Only CONUS, if I remember the story, but still, pretty interesting. I think both Indians and dinosaurs were involved. Different eras, of course!

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9162 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Green Highlander:

Scuba dive Truk Lagoon.

On mine too.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16404 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Censored:

flying in one of those winged suits (which my wife tells me will only happened after I am gone)
Or immediately before you are gone.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30702 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would like to get more than 100 miles from home.... Never been outta the state. Always a cash or time constraint.

Learn to fly.

Own a fast car, produced domestically.

Learn to ride a motorcycle.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2746 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
I added a link in the OP.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5689 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post